Fox host Neil Cavuto tells Trump to start acting like a president

I read Redstate regularly. Some writers don’t like him (Susan Wright, etc). Some are tolerant. Some, I think, do like him, or at least fantasize that if they don’t support him, Hillary will become president. I’d say about half of their commenters like him.

2 Likes

It’s like telling a fart to start acting like a perfume.

11 Likes

Eau de swamp.

4 Likes

Uh oh! The Fox News “re-education” team will soon show up to Neil’s house to offer him alternative facts.

As much as we’re going to crack jokes about this whole thing, this is how the fight against tRump could be won. Any outside effort is wasted due to the brainwashing of the average tRump voter into immediately dismissing any “librul leftie commie (insert your favorite homosexual or racist slur here)” argument without any thought at all. When the pressure comes from within the GOP support structure, and it becomes ok to admit that tRump is a shit president (and human being), only then will the red state “sheeple” (see, you can use their own phrases against them) feel comfortable enough to consider that he’s not an emissary of God.

Helping engineer an environment where Fox and similar speak out against the cheeto fingered vulgarian will work wonders to shift red state based support of the asshat in chief.

5 Likes

Despite the fact that some media and a few right wing/gop types may call him out they don’t matter. The vast masses of people who refuse to think for themselves have fixated on what they want to believe he stands for. Facts, reality, proof of any kind fall to the wayside with this bunch. They don’t care. Someone they believe is just like them is in the god position and they will worship that fat gilded calf until their death. Just as trump has always refused to accept his own stupidity, his minions follow, mouth breathing and shuffling in the wake of his destruction.

5 Likes

I mean, they always were able to. Before tRump became the actual republican candidate Fox and various other conservative outlets didn’t take him seriously at all during the primaries, then when it started looking like he might win the primaries, did nothing to stop it. They’re not good corporate citizens. They want profit, and tabloidizing the presidential election makes money.

They could have been doing all this resistance all along. They just felt that party unity was more important than having a president qualified for the job. Oh, also that party unity is more important than protecting children from rapists, protecting and upholding the constitution, generally telling the truth, and even acknowledging well-known facts and figures like climate science.

I don’t think this is admirable of fox. It’s a bit like some guy pissing on the smoking wreckage of a housefire, then getting all angry that people blame him for not calling 911 when he saw the house catch fire in the first place. You’re not a hero for buckling under the sheer weight of the facts, and you’re not doing anyone a favor by conceding the obvious long past the point of no return.

6 Likes

Listening to Terry Gross interview Luke Harding, author of Collusion, sent me scrambling for my blood pressure meds. The blatantly obvious hand of putin and russia installing that vulgar bastard as 45th president is astonishingly good work on their part. If the American electorate would concede the reality of how they were duped they would hang their heads in shame. It won’t happen. Years of being told they must hate the Clintons worked well. The class of American fools, blinded by their hatred of Clinton and a disgusting amount of misogyny have stupidly defeated this country. So No, fuck fox and all the other fools that fueled this disaster. Fox played to the lowest denominator and here we are

Nikta Khrushchev stated, “I once said, “We will bury you,” and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you”. I’ll bet that fat bastard is roaring with laughter wherever he was planted.

2 Likes

No worries. The second season will be a lot better.
New writers, acting coach, method workshop during summer break, better FX, funny sidekick, you name it.
My sources tell me the brief is “non-gritty reboot”.

1 Like
1 Like

“Leftists”? In the USA? We’re exactly did you find any?

:wink:

4 Likes

Thats an interesting transposition.

At this point, it’s nearly anyone who doesn’t unquestioningly follow Donald Trump’s orders.

1 Like

Looks like he got the message:
Screenshot_2017-11-22-12-11-32-1

I think Trump’s behavior so far hints at these kinds of transpositions. Bullies have their own rules.

Second season? Na, just let the network cancel it. All of the characters in the “Present Administration” come off as bad parodies of what conservatives think liberals think conservatives are like. This “Trump” character is depicted as an over the top blowhard, New York real estate developer with -no- experience in politics, constantly bleating nonsense on Twitter. As if someone like -that- could ever be elected president. Sorry, this strains my suspension of disbelief just too far. It’s like they’re trying to do a remake of “The Reagan Years”, but with less charismatic and far less competent actors.

1 Like

Also Trump apparently misdirected some of that racist criticism at actor & screen personality LeVar Burton. Apparently “Reading Rainbow” came too late to help little Donny’s literacy skills.

1 Like

At the end of the day it all depends on the sponsors, not on the network.