Fox hosts uncomfortably freeze up as toxic Trump rants about immigrants (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/05/fox-hosts-uncomfortably-freeze-up-as-toxic-trump-rants-about-immigrants-video.html

5 Likes

Did they just arrive on this planet, or spend the last decade down a mine shaft?

36 Likes

…somehow they did nazi this coming

43 Likes

A hateful immig-rant?

21 Likes

Error Test Pattern GIF by Patakk

sci-fi matrix GIF

13 Likes

They can be seen here exiting the trapped mine:

No this has nothing to do with anything, but it’s a terriffic video and I’m sick of talking about trump

28 Likes

“He’s saying it out loud. Doesn’t he know he’s not supposed to say it out loud?”

20 Likes

At some point I just expect Trump to start saying, “You know, Hitler had it right…” and the response from Fox and their ilk will be the same. (And the mainstream media won’t be much better.) At this point it’s the only way Trump could actually get any worse - he’s already explicitly said he’ll be a dictator who builds concentration camps and will give the cops impunity to do what they want, etc.

19 Likes

Hitler had it right… far right.

4 Likes

NYT: “Trump says Hitler was right; Why this spells doom for Biden”

36 Likes

If Fox was fair and balanced, they would have pointed out that Biden is old.

7 Likes

Oh, he crossed a line with FOX?

Sure, right. </s>

4 Likes

Kilmeade looks like someone is trying to remember the correct key combination to reboot him into safe mode.

14 Likes

Not crossed a line, maybe (Fox has no lines) but I wonder if some of Fox’ recent handful of ridiculously tame jabs at Trump (e.g. mentioning his “Dining with a Nazi”) reflect a dawning realization that the monster they helped make is beyond their control. I don’t pretend that the majority of Foxers are seeing the light, but there are likely to be one or two who are just clear-headed enough to say “oh, shit!” as they stare into the approaching headlights.

Not that this would make any difference. Fox has ridden the tiger too long to get off. They may even still believe that somehow Emperor Trump would thank them for their unceasing support by granting them a table far from the open window. Dream on.

11 Likes

No pushback or info refuting Trump’s assertions (terrorists, etc.??) in real-time so the 24/7 glued-on Fox viewers could have gotten perhaps their first hit of anything like truth? On that basis, the hosts’ freeze-up is of absolutely zero worth; they knew what they had years ago and carried his water, no questions asked. Fox got their fingers singed to the tune of ~$800M, so – for now – they’re tap-dancing around this one and letting OAN and newsmax cheer Trump on.

11 Likes

Yeah, their silence is still support, even if it’s personally uncomfortable for them. (And if/when he goes full overt-Nazi, they’ll still be the same.)

11 Likes

Why would they be uncomfortable? This type of, not so, casual racism is Fox “News”’ bread and butter.

6 Likes

Why Brian Kilmede clutched his wrist. (pick one)

a) “Holy Sheeeeite! Trump IS a fookin’ Nazi! But I can’t let the Libs know that they were right.”

b) "Holy Sheeeeite! Trump IS a fookin’ Nazi! I thought it was just an act just to get the mouth-breather vote.

c) “Tone it down, Donny! We’re not supposed to let them know we’re actual Nazis.”

12 Likes

I much prefer watching that than whatever this this post was originally about.

2 Likes

Imagine finding an interviewer with the dissimulating cunning to ask the Great Orange Hypnotoad what disease “Poisoning the blood of our country” was referencing ? Hepatitis, Dengue Fever, MRSA? Tired of this Nazi euphemism going unchallenged~

Scarecrow 2

4 Likes