Fox News blames side door for today's school shooting, rather than guns (video)

Originally published at: Fox News blames side door for today's school shooting, rather than guns (video) | Boing Boing

5 Likes

It’s too soon to talk about door control.

53 Likes

I keep thinking back to how Fort Hood, Texas had two mass shootings in a span of less than five years.

So the people who think we can stop mass shootings with better security protocols apparently expect every school, church, concert venue and other public space in America to have better security than an actual military base.

45 Likes

Full House 90S Tv GIF

Shouldn’t we live in a full on police state! /s

31 Likes

How could someone with an assault weapon possibly open a glass door?

33 Likes

Up to 30 times before reloading?

21 Likes

So…people don’t kill people; guns don’t kill people; doors kill people. Got it.

23 Likes

hit in face oops GIF

24 Likes

smile GIF by Game of Thrones

15 Likes

Taking the talking point of Fox News at face value?
(I know, that is risky, but bear with me as I serve them a super-sized dose of malicious compliance.)

Are you implying that every school should be red-tagged by every local planning commission until this hazardous defect is corrected before these buildings are given their renewed certificates of occupancy?

I would love to see these red state parents parents deal with the reality that remote learning (COVID style) will return until some common sense gun control takes place.

9 Likes

ROSE: You told me nothing could get through those doors.

JACK: You’ve got extrapolator shielding.

DOCTOR: Last time we fought the Daleks, they were scavengers and hybrids, and mad. But this is a fully-fledged Dalek Empire, at the height of its power. Experts at fighting Tardises, they can do anything. Right now, that wooden door is just wood.

9 Likes

Yeah, brick over all the doors. And then, if there’s a fire, or, if students are fleeing the shooter of the week, the teachers can just use their regulation assault type rifle to shoot a whole in the wall. Safety first.

12 Likes

It’s true, though - if schools didn’t have any doors, there wouldn’t be any shootings in them. All schools should be mandated to be solid blocks, filled with concrete. No one’s getting into those! (Sadly, this almost what they’re proposing, because satire is dead…)

10 Likes

By the way, those Fox reporters aren’t playing Stupid, They really are fucking stupid.

5 Likes

An unlocked side door was a common pattern, they said. In school shootings, they said.

I can thing of an even more common pattern in school shootings. It’s the guns, these things just pop up every time one of these school shootings happen.

Maybe if we take all the guns and melt them down, and use them to make bigger, more powerful doors, we could prevent these door-based tragedies.

Next, we could beef up these children’s puny uniforms to something that can withstand an open doorway. I suggest a bomb disposal suit, they are quite durable.

12 Likes

If we just assign gun clubs to go door to door we could shoot all the kids way more efficiently though then the guns would be safe and free.

4 Likes

Sure, blame the doors, but a picture is worth 4,193* human lives this year so far.

*Source: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

14 Likes

“We need to remember, the side door, I don’t know the exact facts of this moment but from what I understand a side door was unlocked. That seems to be a common pattern in many of the these shootings. A side door”

You don’t let that slow you down, though, do you, Fox?

11 Likes

yeah unfortunately, a door will never be enough…

8 Likes

“Oh hell, the door’s locked. I guess I’ll just go home instead of shooting somebody else because I’m angry about being thwarted.” :man_shrugging:

14 Likes