Fox News contributor complains about spending $28 at Taco Bell for lunch, and AOC's hilarious response

Originally published at: Fox News contributor complains about spending $28 at Taco Bell for lunch, and AOC's hilarious response | Boing Boing

21 Likes

Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

19 Likes

Even Taco Bell themselves took the time to dunk on the guy too

45 Likes
14 Likes

How does one eat 28$ at Taco Bell and live to tell the tale? Did he order the lobster?

27 Likes

Don’t some Taco Bells have margaritas? That could run your tab up pretty quickly

12 Likes

In the movie This is the End Seth Rogen (playing himself) was reminiscing with an old stoner friend about the time he was given a $20 Taco Bell gift certificate and decided to take upon himself the challenge of eating $20 of Taco Bell food in one sitting. It didn’t go well for him.

23 Likes

My standard go-to meal at Taco Bell is three soft tacos fresco - literally $5 and change total.

18 Likes

For 28 bucks at TB, he would have scored at least 30 “free” hot sauce packets… easy!

11 Likes

$28 isn’t much. All the shit Fox News spews has got to come from somewhere.

16 Likes

Have there been replies to AOC’s tweet that make it clear the outraged responder missed the point/humour of what she was suggesting? I bet there have been.

11 Likes

I did not know that , but Google tells me you’re right. About 7.50 for a margarita. Two or three margaritas on top of a full Taco Bell lunch sounds doable, but unpleasant.

This indulgence at Taco Bell is weird coming from the guys who are haunted by the spectre of Mexican immigration leading to a taco truck on every corner.

28 Likes

"…cost me about $28 at Taco Bell for lunch.”

About. +/- 20 bucks then.

10 Likes

Confused Arrested Development GIF

41 Likes

My question is, what did he order for it to be $28. Out of context that might seem like a lot but it really depends on the overall order. My usual orders typically range between 7 to 14 bucks depending on what i’m getting and if i’m also picking up a drink for my SO

4 Likes

Dr Oz Vegetables GIF by GIPHY News

32 Likes

Taco Bell would have to install pay toilets to get someone to pay $28 for lunch.

13 Likes

If you’re having 2-3 alcoholic drinks at lunch time while working, Taco Bell prices are the least of your problems.

22 Likes

Martin later tweeted his order.

The takeaway is that he does not understand the concept of the Combo Meal.

Also, that is a hell of a lot of food for one person to consume in a single sitting.

30 Likes

That’s an order for 3 people. Again AOC makes a very succinct point there.

22 Likes