Fox News ditches Diamond and Silk

And yet they remain bosom buddies with Trump, a man who creates/spreads conspiracy theories and disinformation (some of it theirs) about the virus and many other things.

Stay classy, Fox. With moves like this, we will never get wise to your ways.

3 Likes

i had never heard of them before this, so shrug

1 Like

Apple, tree, etc.

1 Like

Whew, now Fox can free up that broadcast time to add a couple more underrepresented vat-grown blondes to their lineup…

4 Likes

I always enjoy seeing Divine makeup and wigs, especially when the women have the requisite perpetually-surprised-clown eyebrows…

2 Likes

Aunt Jemima… “even if now she’s got a perm.

- Chuck D

RIP the buffoonery “careers” of 'Zirconia 'and ‘Rayon’, may they never be seen or heard from ever again.

That’s a bit of an insult to Divine - besides being a better person, she knew firsthand what kind of shits shouldn’t be ever be tolerated:

15 Likes

Do I want to know who those are and the context behind them?

I’ve listened to them a few times. Whew, they are hard to follow. They seem to just mix in all the conspiracies. Like part of what they are talking about is real - real issues, real history, real problems. But then they mix in political rhetoric, conspiracies, and buzz words to the point it is just a fire hose of gishgallop.

So will they be snatched up by OAN, or will they feel betrayed and switch sides?

Fox’s base. Do you actually, really believe that?

7 Likes

Do I believe that Fox viewers are deeply invested in trying to convince themselves and others that they are not racist just because they support obviously racist policies and overtly racist politicians? Yes. Yes I do.

Diamond & Silk aren’t going to convince most other POC that Fox isn’t racist. But their presence on the network allows Fox viewers to convince themselves that supporting Trump isn’t inherently racist. Because even the racists don’t like to think of themselves as racist.

5 Likes

That’s Patsy Stone and Illya Kuryakin. Context is everything.

4 Likes

A bit of triteness is called for here: We can agree… to disagree to a certain extent. [read: I don’t believe you’re 100% wrong. Fox’s “base” needs to be clearly defined.]

(Wup. Back from having an early lunch. Continuing…)

The very fact of Fox’s ethos – its open-for-the-world-to-see policy – supporting “obviously racist policies and overtly racist politicians”, informs me that Fox is not trying to convince themselves (or their true-follower racist base) of anything by propping POC. That’s like a meat-eater trying to convince his or herself that they are vegetarians.

I believe that Fox’s main agenda is to get Trump re-elected. Period. That means votes. That means attempting to sucker in POC for views (see, POC? we actually have people like you on our shows – hear what they say? So it must be good, right?) so they can be hit with nothing but endless Trump-is-great editorials and coverage. Anyway, that’s my take on it. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

The claim is that somehow they were paid under the table to do brief performances on Trump’s campaign rallies.

According to Wikipedia they were paid token amounts only:

They were paid $1,274.94 for field consulting work by the Trump campaign.[16]

2 Likes

The key difference is that the vast majority of meat-eaters have no problem self-identifying as meat-eaters, while the vast majority of racists are loathe to openly (or even privately) self-identify as racists.

Call the average Fox-watching Trump voter a “meat-eater” and they’ll mock you for not doing the same. Call them a “racist” and they’ll probably respond with some nonsense like “THE DUMBOCRATIC LEFT ARE THE REAL RACISTS!!!”

1 Like

I’m sure some amount of Fox News viewers don’t consider themselves racist. Then there are the ones proudly displaying Confederate flags. Republicans will take both as voters.

Yes, and most of those continue to insist said flag is a symbol of “Heritage, not Hate!”

The bigots who have enough self-awareness to think of themselves as bigots are a small minority.

3 Likes

You are precisely correct.

3 Likes

Sapphire and Steel - a long-ago V cool sci fi series.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.