Fox jump-cut to protect Trump also anti-semitic

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/27/fox-jump-cut-to-protect-trump.html

5 Likes

Sorry, Salonpas isn’t strong enough to ease the pain of Fox News.

26 Likes

The usual “free speech for me, not you” conserva-shit. A few seconds after he said people feel they have a certain Trumpian freedom to say things, they censored him.

29 Likes

Trump’s ramble of sympathy for the shooting victims also included a giant brag of increased arms sales to Japan.

14 Likes

Huh, a radicalized 8chan user trying to start a race war with a manifesto. Can we say it that the chan sites are breeding grounds to stochastic terrorists? That the alt-right is essentially white guy incel gamer isis now?

43 Likes

No, we can’t, because a (white) (male) (terrorist) is just a good boy somehow gone bad.

33 Likes

That’s not what a jump cut is.

A jump cut is a cut in the scene at or about the same location - often to denote passage of time.

17 Likes

I mean, that’s what a lot of us have been saying for a while already, so…

6 Likes

That’s exactly right. Just another lone wolf acting out his delusional fantasies. Nothing to see here, citizen, move along.

12 Likes

Yeah, I’d say it was more of a smash cut.

6 Likes

Post not found…

3 Likes

Tweet has been deleted. Joel Rubin says it was a legit break.

8 Likes

And apparently he was a leftist because … he was against smoking? At least I see comments like that. I mean he may be repeating all the talking points about Cultural Marxism and wrote 4000 pages on how jews are trying to destroy white people but somehow he’s an antifi leftest.

tumblr_inline_o7ldh7nQYS1rl31vl_500

16 Likes

That doesn’t pass my smell test. Just because that guy says it was a legit break doesn’t mean it was. They don’t normally end segments that way, and that they ended this one that way, right at that moment…gtfo

21 Likes

I’m a leftist and I smoke, should I be worried by the contradiction? Am I a secret alt-righty?

So many questions…

5 Likes

They are clearly just misunderstood, and, if we really got to know them, we’d see things from their perfectly rational and well reasoned point of view.

5 Likes

Anyone else getting a broken link or is it just me?

10 Likes
6 Likes

Why not? Rubin is the guest who was cut off, the person who is alleged to have been wrongs, and he says it was a normal break. They have things in their ears or people standing off camera telling them commercials are coming so he would have known a break was coming and may have been trying to get a last point in as the break was coming.

Further, the Tweet has been deleted, further indicating either the original poster or Twitter see it as valid.

I may think that FOX News is likely to do this kind of thing, but if Rubin – the aggrieved – doesn’t think anything untoward happened at the least indicates there’s a chance nothing bad happened.

4 Likes

No. Too soon.

6 Likes