Fox News host falsely claims Bannon's arrest is a "deep state" conspiracy

somehow that bannon was “cruising around on a mega yacht” owned by a “chinese billionaire” makes this story even more delightful. what WERE they talking about before the raid?

4 Likes

I don’t think I ever heard it used in the context of American government until right-wing commentators started using it as a way of explaining why their orange God-King failed to deliver on so many of his promises even when the Republicans held all three branches of government.

11 Likes

Perhaps the whole “China is evil” thing is a bit more hollow than we think, and really they are just posturing for “monetary incentives” from Chinese billionaires to ease the governmental tension on our side. Would be interested to find we were taking bribes through secondary channels for more a more favorable after-election climate.

4 Likes

No, no, the Whangdoodle is a benevolent ruler. It’s the Oily Prock that is the dastardly one. He probably organized a pizza molesting cabal in a child care basement after his failure with the high behind splintercat.

(cf: I loved this book when I was a kid, thanks for the whangdoodle reference!)

4 Likes

Oh, apologies! I had no idea! I will edit quickly, and read the book soon!

1 Like

Please don’t edit! Just thanking you for the whimsical whangdoodle reference, and taking the opportunity to promote a beloved book!

I’m going to reread it this weekend thanks to you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, no! I abhor the thought that such a neat thing could be associated with such an awful thing. It was just a word that sprang to mind. I am happy to have learned more about it! Thank you! :smile:

1 Like

It MUST be aliens. Nobody else would get the aspect ratio so horribly wrong. :wink:

2 Likes
3 Likes

You’d probably get a lot of equivocating. Actually, I don’t think these shitheads have any beliefs, other than power and money for themselves. As long as the idiots who vote for them believe it, they’re OK with it.

2 Likes

The Crying of Lot 49

1 Like

Let’s not throw out the valid uses of the term that predate the warping of language. The term had an earlier usage that was useful for looking at the way bureaucratic structures, especially within the intelligence community have a way of perpetuating their own ends, even in opposition to the stated goals of the leadership of the government. Pretending the term and concepts started with the nuts throws out a lot of valuable scholarship that will remain useful well after the current phase of reactionary assholes are out of power.

4 Likes

Today’s ‘Deep State’ used to be known as ‘the adults in the room.’

3 Likes

Another dip shit is in deep shit again…

That Francis Bacon mashup is just too good. Everyone from 45’s cabinet should get their turn as a screaming pope.

1 Like

“The Deep State” . . . meet “Occam’s razor.”

You want me to believe in some gigantic secret cabal within all branches of the US government that is persecuting Trump and anyone connected with him, except it’s so much more simple, logical and obvious that Trump and his cronies are all just greedy and amoral (plus sometimes just plain old ignorant of the law.)

6 Likes

Bannon in particular has been one of the most prominent, consistent “anti-globalization” voices on the right for the last decade. So getting arrested for fraud on a boat owned by a Chinese billionaire media mogul who was reportedly paying him $1 Million a month for “consulting” services is about as hypocritical as it gets. And there isn’t exactly any shortage of hypocrites in this cesspool.

9 Likes
3 Likes

The irony of Bannons own testimony and Dobbs’ completely unfounded bullshit assertion with, for the fucking millionth time, absolutely zero evidence, is pretty hilarious and typical of people at Fox who prolapse their brains trying to come up with such nonsensical fantasy explanations counter to reality

1 Like

But Fox is correct. This WAS/IS a deep state conspiracy. But you need to know the definition of Deep State.
The definition of Deep State as used by Faux is anyone who has more loyalty to the law, to decency and morality, to the Constitution and to the United States of America than they do personally to Donald Trump.

When you know the definitions you can understand Faux News a whole lot better.