Fox News host fired after saying Democrats may worship Moloch

22 Likes

To be fair if this was true it would explain their constant need to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

4 Likes

Oh shit - I didn’t realise I needed his permission, but thanks Fox for kicking him out - you are quite right, he had no business permitting us to do that, at all.

2 Likes

Republicans may worship a Moron

23 Likes

If they did not fire him, Fox might be accused of promoting a particular religion. Which they do, in conjunction with their extreme version of politics, which is designed to harvest votes from a population that has been increasingly rejecting neoliberalism.

To be fair, have we heard ANY politician openly reject Moloch?

This revelation could make many different conspiracies now make sense.

“The pizza - it’s people!”

7 Likes

You misspelled “must”.

9 Likes

Yeah, something doesn’t add up here, it doesn’t seem like a line they wouldn’t cross.

5 Likes

liberal ≠ neoliberal

Fox News is at least as neoliberal as the other major news networks, and may be more neoliberal.

15 Likes

Sounds about right.

12 Likes

In terms of actually following their God’s commandments and religion, Republicans might as well be claiming to worship Moloch; they sure ain’t worshiping Y----h like they claim to be. Closer to Baal, actually- lots of gold; but not really.

5 Likes

Of course cannabis is involved:

13 Likes

Supposedly the owl statue at the Bohemian Grove is referred to as Moloch.

But then a lot more conservatives have been identified as members/attendees over the years.

3 Likes

I thought of that article too. When Republicans were famously accused of worshipping Moloch it was a metaphor to cast reality in a harsh light. Some still-popular Repubican lawmakers have openly said that a few children dying is just the price you pay for freedom.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Tod Starnes is saying half the country literally goes to midnight masses where they stab babies with a wavy-bladed knife in front of a statue of a minotaur. If true, I’ll admit, that would be worse.

6 Likes

He’s just a baying dog who bayed one bay too far.

But, yeah, that’s the line? What about, of many possible “lines”, accusing Obama of being a Muslim [NTTAWWI]? Oh right, because that would affect 75% of Fox, Congress Republicans, and Trump himself…

1 Like

I don’t see the Moloch comment as being a worthy “straw that broke the camel’s back” moment. Starnes should have had his ass canned immediately after what he said about Rep. Ilhan Omar!

13 Likes

He would have to take a number and get in line behind Ingraham, Hannity, and Piro.

6 Likes

I have this interesting theory that explains why Fox lets you get away with saying Omar isn’t American or saying Obama isn’t a Christian gets overlooked, but this comment didn’t.

Starts with an “R”, end with a “acism”

17 Likes

I’d rather worship Moloch than a Morlock. Which is why I’m not a Republican.

3 Likes

He seems to be picking up and attack from the same preacher that Trump quoted with the “civil war like divide” claim. Robert Jeffress.

Same guy has described the Catholic Church as the tool of the Devil and Mormons as literal Satanists. He’s been shouting the “Dems worship Moloch” thing for a while. These are pretty common Evangelical beliefs so Jefress definitely believes them to be literally true.

3 Likes