Fox news host says kids are being held in enclosures built from chain-link fences, not cages

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/18/fox-news-host-says-kids-are-be.html

4 Likes

“Department of Defense”

“Enhanced interrogation techniques”

“Chain link fence enclosures”

Is it NewSpeak yet?

31 Likes

The WWE will have to stop holding “Cage Matches” and change the name to “Chain Link Enclosure” brawls.

51 Likes

Ahem…

THAT’S A FUCKING CAGE, YOU HEARTLESS FUCKING MORONS!!!

57 Likes

Steve Doocey is not evil. He is vile, corrupt, and lacking all qualities that are admirable about our species.

24 Likes

Ah, Freedom Enclosures, double-plus ungood.

38 Likes

Man, that Kool-Aid they’re drinking must taste delicious.

20 Likes

Oh. Well. That makes it all better, doesn’t it.

11 Likes

And the definition of a cage?

8 Likes

“Whatever the kids are not held in!”

8 Likes

They’re not cages – they’re just enclosures built exactly like cages.

And Trump isn’t a criminal – there’s just a mountain of incontrovertible evidence that he’s committed crimes such as fraud, taking bribes, obstruction of justice, and violation of the Constitutional emoluments clause.

21 Likes

I’m guessing that if most people walked into their college dorm and saw that the walls were made of chain-link fences, they’d think “Hey, they’re housing me in a cage,” not “golly, what a fine cost-savings measure!”

27 Likes

Where were these guys when America needed them… like 1965?

The only kind of people who’d buy that are the kind of people who regularly watch “Fox and Friends”.

23 Likes

The Zoological Association of America seems to think that chain link enclosures are cages. From the ZAA standards:

IV. Structural Caging Requirements for Class I, II and III Wildlife.

c. All enclosures constructed of chain link or other approved materials shall be well
braced and securely anchored. For animals that dig or burrow, chain link or
equivalent at least one (1) foot below ground and at an angle towards the center of
the exhibit must be installed. Enclosures shall be constructed using metal clamps,
ties or braces of equivalent strength as the material required for enclosure
construction for the particular species.

Also, from further along:

Primates
Additional enclosure requirements for primates: In addition to requirements of this section, each
enclosure shall have enrichment devices to provide physical and mental stimulation or
manipulation compatible with the species. Such devices shall be non-injurious, and may include,
but is not limited to, boxes, balls, mirrors or foraging items. Each enclosure shall be equipped
with a shelter(s) large enough to accommodate all the animals in the enclosure simultaneously.

Fuck Steve Doocy. I’ll bet ICE isn’t even meeting the ZAA standards.

31 Likes

Weren’t the ‘Free Speech Zones’ already in Freedom Enclosures?

If only they were drinking the Jim Jones brand of Kool Aid.

14 Likes

Dear Fox:

tumblr_oe78xpcawv1tv6xlbo1_250

15 Likes

That’s a really interesting distinction there assholes…

9 Likes

Double-plus ungood.

2 Likes

19 Likes