Fox News in free-fall as Bill Shine resigns, after many women's sexual harassment claims finally taken seriously

1 Like

Oh, man, you can’t fit this to the “Shine, Fox News Shine” lyrics above. No, the Spirit of Floyd wills it not. My generation will not take this. No, this is some sort of Unicorn Chaser, right?

Right.

Well, it worked for me. Aaaah!

3 Likes

Will Fox continue their traditional practice and pay Shine three times as much going-away money as the women who won lawsuits got?
(May be different in his case, since it doesn’t sound like he was accused of harassing anybody, but he’s responsible for having allowed it to continue, and I’ve avoided looking into the gory details about exactly who at Fox sued who for what.)

10 Likes

The Pink Floyd song is also about Syd Barrett, who was pretty much the opposite personality of anyone at Fox.

6 Likes

It’s full of stars bad apples.

2 Likes

That guy LOOKS like his name somehow.

6 Likes

I hate that you may be right

3 Likes

One thing that frightens me is that Fox maybe became vulnerable because Trump cranked open the nitrous oxide and left it behind. Somewhere near the new political center.
Maybe the frantic shouts of political and religious victimhood stop being protective when the hot new political extreme has moved a few football fields over to the right?

5 Likes

I hate that you may be right.

7 Likes

Shine, aww, he’s resiiigning.

(try it)

2 Likes

me too, but I doubt it

Does he have an ownership stake? I’ll bet he has. To hell with his words, watch what he does with his Fox shares!

4 Likes

It has been speculated that this is as much a signal to UK regulator OFCOM which is currently considering a ‘fit and proper’ person test on Murdoch in his attempt to take control of Sky, as it is to do with Shine and Fox. Showing he is prepared to clean another part of the stable may be a very calculated move.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/business/media/fox-news-bill-shine.html

But Mr. Murdoch is weighing a number of corporate factors, including his desire to acquire the British satellite and television company Sky, a long-coveted prize. The sale of Sky is being reviewed by a British regulatory agency, which must determine whether 21st Century Fox would be a “fit and proper” owner.

7 Likes

The item preceding this in the feed seems like a promising solution.

I think Fox News could be significantly improved if someone were to issue thousands of large wooden bats, distributed to all the women employed there, along with encouragement and authorization to immediately use them on any male manager sexually harassing them.

In fact, I think this would substantially improve many organizations.

13 Likes

The left in general could really do without all the smugs crowing victory every time anyone on the right stumbles.

2 Likes

Golden parachute contracts are a major problem in the world, which is why they get these handouts.

2 Likes

Trump is also shamelessly plugging them hard on his official and unofficial twitter accounts, and has recently cut almost the entirety of his alt-right contact (though there are rumors of the Heritage Foundation picking up Bannon which is… well they really couldn’t get worse). As much as the even more extreme propaganda is the new right, Fox is the “legitimate” MSM outlet to his fans.

3 Likes

As a broad generality, the further left you go the more blasé the media becomes about it (after all, all media but theirs is the same). It’s really just the Democrat torch bearers that celebrate even the minor stuff constantly, though many are happy that after over ten years there is some change in an institution like Fox News.

2 Likes

1 Like

With all of the sexual harassment claims at that network, perhaps the time has come to re-brand as Fux News

3 Likes