Fox News reduced to segments quoting anti-Clinton Twitter bot named Hugh Janus

On a milder version, I knew a girl who was named Mary Chris Smith.

I guess it wound up being appropriate since she was a pretty happy, cheerful, or even jolly person.

6 Likes

Welcome6

11 Likes

Welcome to boing boing… and…

okayjlaw

8 Likes

Hugh? Is that you?

4 Likes
3 Likes

FN, generally:

forgetful%20folks

4 Likes
1 Like

I knew a “Mia Ho”, whose asian immigrant parents definitely did not get what the big deal was…

3 Likes

No joke: At my first employer were two women with unusual names. One was “Ida Best”, and the other was “Hai Vo” (who we called “High Voltage”).

3 Likes

Welcome!

Here’s a video of a car crash before the race even started! Enjoy!

1 Like

At a university, I knew a Thai fellow whose last name was “Uppadiyaya.”

2 Likes

Adam Schiff? I missed that particular episode of Law & Order.

Schiff_pride_%26_joy

3 Likes

Goddamn, I can’t find it now, but back when trump first announced his presidential run, I shopped up Assy with the stupid hair and to look more orange, and retooled the title text to clASSY McGee.

2 Likes

Sometimes parents are way too oblivious/malicious with names. In my Army company, we had Will Rogers, Michael Jackson, and Jack Frost in my platoon, and Harry Cox in Supply.
Had one person call while I was on CQ (manning the phones at the front desk) asking for Will Rogers, and they hung up after I told them, “Hold on, let me get him, he’s in Michael Jackson’s room, talking to him and Jack Frost.” ^^’

4 Likes

I know a family of Frank N. Berrys (3 generations!). Frank Sr’s young enough that his father knew what he was doing, but I’m not sure why they perpetuated it…

OOH! I can’t believe no one has brought up that news station getting duped with the fake names of pilots when a plane hit the end of a runway in San Francisco(?)

6 Likes

I’m going to guess that they thought it would be “cute”.

My kid had a classmate whose sister was named “Abcde” (pronounced “Abseddy”). I kid you not. How many resumes are going to get torn up simply because someone reads that name?

2 Likes

Sometimes people get their name before it became famous.

When the Duck family named their son 80 years ago they had no hesitation in choosing the name Donald - a nice solid name with no baggage.

Little were they to know that just 10 years later the same name would be chosen by Walt Disney for one of his famous characters and that over the years it would become a name synonymous with just one thing - a cartoon duck.

6 Likes

No doubt Mary Trump thought the same.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.