Fox News shocked to discover weird new mobile phones got cameras in 'em

“… And why would someone record the police, unless they have something to hide?

8 Likes

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Us, motherfuckers. Because they’ve conclusively proven they can’t do it themselves.

17 Likes

Thanks for the reminder.
I just checked mine. Good to go.

“Am I Registered?”
https://teamrv-mvp.sos.texas.gov/MVP/mvp.do

Just sent out a reminder to our community’s listserv, telling them I still have blank Texas voter registration cards and tomorrow is the last day to register [here] to vote in November.

Remember remember the 6th of November…

ETA:
Ooops! An update:

Last day to register to vote in the upcoming November election is October 9th per:

http://www.votetexas.gov/register-to-vote/you-must-register-by.html

Sorry y’all!
Please do keep registering folks right up until deadline.

10 Likes

a whine that police can’t do their jobs properly because of interference from phones. (The schrodinger cops.)

4 Likes

The Blanks [1.6]

[Janie Crane presses a button on a television, turning it off.]
Janie Crane: “An off switch?”
Metrocop: “She’ll get years for that. Off switches are illegal!”

12 Likes

The feature she was referring to was a shortcut to turn on the recording…just like the shortcut I’ve had on my *(Android) phone for years and linked with a shortcut on my Pebble watch that makes the phone record without turning on the screen so the cops won’t know they’re being recorded.

1 Like

I’m trying to remember if it was Fox or Pat Robertson’s channel, some years back, that had a segment on “cybersecurity” (talking about government/corporate infrastructure) where they basically just interviewed some rando 12-year-old boy who showed them how his neighbors’ wifi wasn’t password secured. Identical audiences, really.

5 Likes

“Shouty asshole” is my new favorite phrase.

10 Likes

Sauce - Max Headroom, 20 Minutes Into The Future

There’s so much about that show that seemed absurd when it aired but prescient now. And no, that’s not a good thing. Example, a quote from later in this clip: “without television this city would be ungovernable!”

7 Likes

Earlier this year, I stayed at a hotel for months while my house was being repaired. Fox News at breakfast tended to be the rule.

The doctors offices I’ve been to seem to show Home and Garden network.

You know what be cool?

Surgery documentaries

The blood might scare people, though.

5 Likes

Did you know you can get ones that work with the 3.5mm jack on a phone?
https://www.dx.com/p/esamact-mini-3-5mm-infrared-ir-remote-control-universal-intelligent-mobile-phone-smart-remote-control-for-tv-air-conditioner-521760

I was wondering why they weren’t more popular until I found out how crappy the app was, and there don’t seem to be any open-source alternatives. (I was really hoping for something that could control my Blu-Ray player, which is beyond the capacity of most older universal remotes.)

Coming up next: Fox News shocked to discover mobile phones can suppress the airing of Fox News in public spaces!?

7 Likes

I just yanked the power plug out the last time I was set into a room with one.

9 Likes

At the end of the day, how many of us put on a uniform and lay our lives on the line to earn a pay cheque?

“Hitlerella” - You win the internet this week.

3 Likes

Freudian slip?

2 Likes

Disagree. Cringed hard at this cheap melodama.

A phone that takes pictures and records video, Lordy! whatever next?
That’s just insane!

3 Likes

But did you take it with you?

3 Likes

Based on the occupational mortality statistics the answer would seem to be “rather a lot of us; and plenty more who are only missing the ‘uniform’ half of the situation.”

10 Likes

WTF?! Isn’t it supposed to be a secret ballot?

3 Likes