Fox News to cut ties with Bill O’Reilly

You left up Trump at the top.

10 Likes

It’s a profit loss statement. For a while there the auto industry wouldn’t fix known problem in their cars because paying off lawsuits was cheaper than fixing the problem.
Once BillO cross that profit/loss statement with advertisers leaving he was gone.

5 Likes

As I understand it his “assassination history” books actually sold pretty well, “Killing Lincoln”, “Killing Kennedy” etc., so maybe he will devote his time to writing more.

But I also don’t think he’s the kind of guy to just retire. Pundits like him feed off being the center of attention, so although he could keep writing books and know his former TV audience will buy them all up, he won’t be content to just pontificate to neighbors or the cashier at Stop & Shop.

(I’m amazed he can trot out the old “it’s a smear campaign by the far left” excuse, Fox News doesn’t fire you because people are talking shit about you, if they did then nobody would ever be employed at Fox for more than a week.)

16 Likes

i say Breitbart. i’m not counting chickens just yet.

5 Likes

I love how when these pricks have a whine, they’re ‘blasting’ someone. Pff

7 Likes

Character assassination? That’s so silly. He’d have to have character first.

16 Likes

14 Likes

I prefer to think of it as a method and a system for directing the flow of excrement. Instead of flowing all over the golf course, it’s directed until it comes out of the likes of O’Reilly and Bannon.

7 Likes

I was thinking that $15,000,000 would have gone a long way in the sex trade, with potentially less harmful fallout. Heck, I’d have slept with him for $1,000,000.

6 Likes

I had not previously suspected you of having such low standards. I’d need at least $10 million, cash in advance, no cheques, guaranteed anonymity and a private island to retire to to hide my shame.

11 Likes

He’s working on his next book; Killing O’Reilly.

13 Likes

This didn’t stop Limbaugh.

2 Likes

Sure didn’t see that cummin.

The invisible hand of justice working as expected.

2 Likes

He lost his guardian when Roger Ailes was pushed out. If Ailes were still top dog then he probably would still be protected. The whole place sounds like it was rigged to cover up sexual harassment by anyone who Ailes wanted to protect and without him in place the protection racket is gone and the participants are running up against the more bog standard “neutral evil” of a giant media corporation - you can get away with it until it starts costing the company money and then you get the axe.

I’ll be interested to see if O’Reilly tries to sue Fox for breach of contract or something. He’s probably not that stupid - if he does it’s likely that all of the confidential agreements that the company brokered on his behalf become public. (He’ll probably sue the Times though - get ready for a fun legal battle there. He’ll likely come out of it both looking worse than he looks now AND a giant hero to the right wing for sticking it to the liberal media.)

6 Likes

Your plan doesn’t work because when you make a transaction of it, you don’t get the high of assaulting someone.

It bears repeating: sexual assault is not about the sex.

10 Likes

In Brexit Britain we are having to learn to manage our expectations :frowning:

4 Likes

Too bad they didn’t do this forever ago. Note that it took pulling of advertisers to do this. Even if he did none of this, his brand of horrible helped put Fox and others like him on the map. The damage is done and another will take his place.

Or we’ll get another Nancy Grace type, which may even be worse.

5 Likes

I was aware that I was leaving myself open to that very reasonable point, but it does bear repeating.

6 Likes

I’m hoping for: his own petard.

Edit: That’s a little backwards, but I like it nonetheless.

9 Likes