French schools use 3D printed anatomical clitoris models in sex-ed classes

The report revealed that sex education is rife with sexism. Current
official guidelines state that young boys are more “focused on genital
sexuality”, while girls “attach more importance to love”.

Okay, I’ll bite. Is this sexist because it’s statistically inaccurate, or is it sexist because acknowledging differences tends to reinforce them?

looks terrifying, glad I never found it.

4 Likes

I dunno. In that episode, they seemed perfectly willing (or at least, Zap and Fry did, and Kif didn’t seem to mind too much either, based on his partner’s report on the experience).

1 Like

Right; when they were “sentenced” Fry and Zapp couldn’t keep the grins off their faces, and when Kif looked horrified Zapp said “what are you, gay?”

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I initially found it amusing. But once put to me as what it is, being raped to death, I find I lean more towards the conclusion that the show was doing what our society does so often, trivialize rape. Would any of you be laughing if one of the female characters was sentenced to death by forcible sex? And yes, the male character stereotype of being up for sex no matter what or with whom was invoked in the show, but the their sentence was not based on their willingness. The sentence was that they be forcibly raped to death. And while humor often makes light of dark topics, this wasn’t presented as such, but rather, a desirable thing, as in “You can’t rape a dude! They always want sex! Har, har, har!”

I don’t think this is a topic to go into a much longer discussion in this thread, but I did want to mention this perspective since it has changed the way I look at the offhand comment “Death by snu-snu!”.

3 Likes

To be fair she specifically calls out this line, from an unnamed American website:

The model will be 3D printed and used by teachers all over France for sex ed in both primary and secondary school, because you’re never too young to start learning how to bang properly.

Which is maybe a bit much.

3 Likes

Patriarchialism gets everywhere, now France has had a gender change and presents as male.

I thought they were stereotyped as people who spend half an hour deconstructing the social implications of croissants before eating them. “No, ma chérie, it is indeed called a croissant but I reject your suggestion that it symbolises the ultimate ascendancy of Islamic culture in France. After all, we eat it and not vice versa. Eventually.”

4 Likes

Easy mistake, made by a lot of men. There is a woman attached to the clitoris.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.