Delightful animation all about the clitoris

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/06/delightful-animation-all-about.html

6 Likes

I’m having trouble finding the video.

{rimshot}

65 Likes

You’re looking in the wrong place.

44 Likes

Thread’s over guys, in record time.

31 Likes

The poster is frame worthy!

8 Likes

@dfaris @stefanjones

My deepest sympathies.

15 Likes

The what now?

3 Likes

The clitoris is FRENCH? Sheesh. When I think about all the time I spent trying to learn Enochian…

6 Likes

clitoris (n.)

“erectile organ of female mammals,” 1610s, coined in Modern Latin from Late Greek kleitoris, a diminutive, but the exact sense intended by the coiners is uncertain. Perhaps from Greek kleiein “to sheathe,” also “to shut,” in reference to its being covered by the labia minora. The related Greek noun kleis has a secondary meaning “a key, a latch or hook (to close a door);” see close (v.).

(always admired the sense of the key)

3 Likes

Do you know what to do with it once you find it?

11 Likes

Hit the play button!

25 Likes

It’s not a boom box from the 80’s. :wink:

Wait, what are we talking about again…?

6 Likes

its history and its “discovery” by male doctors

Wait a minute - the film-maker’s name is “male part”? The jokes, they write themselves.

(I try to avoid last-name jokes, but sometimes the temptation is overwhelming.)

1 Like

I imagine that the traditions of female genital mutilation include knowledge of the clitoris. Why bother removing something that doesn’t exist? Has there been any research into how those traditions arose? What do non European cultures have to say?

1 Like

I’m asking myself just how early is too early to show this to my kids. This is the best kind of sex education!

6 Likes

I’m having trouble with the fact that they show the parallel morphology of clitoris and penis, yet insist that the structure is unique to women.

I’m discovering a clitoris right now.

8 Likes

Well, that’s because that’s not what they said at all. They said that only women (or more accurately, people that have clitorises) have an organ that is just for pleasure. They share morphology, but the clitoris is not used for urination, unlike the penis.

15 Likes

more specifically, while they both derive from the same basic set of cells in a fetus; the clitoris is a specialized gland, while the penis is a utilitarian appendage and not a gland whatsoever.

Female bits are far more specialized; Male bits are more multi function.

2 Likes

What is the threat of women having pleasure?