French town upholds law against UFOs

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/31/french-town-upholds-law-agains.html

How about Bigfoots?

Silly, bigfoots don’t fly!

If you outlaw UFOs, then only outlaws will have UFOs.

The Bonny Doon Winery in the Napa has a Cigare Volant Red that is pretty awesome that is also an homage to this law. It is a bit hard to see in the link but the lable has flying cigars beaming onto the vinyards.Bonny Dooon Vinyard

Welp, when the aliens come, their spacecraft better take a form other than a cigar or a saucer. Hmm…

that’ll show 'em! but seriously, i love that wine. if an invasion happened, i’d make a beeline there, too.

I thought aliens had an almost exclusive prediliction for hickbillies…but I’m prolly’ jus’ bein’ Ameri-centric…

Folks in that region seemed fairly bumpkinesque…

Well, I think we have a new suspect for X-Com’s European HQ.

The ‘oh, just a small town publicity stunt’ cover story is cute; but they can’t fool me.

wait, are there not airspace laws in france?

can french towns really pass laws superseding the national and EU ones on aircraft above x distance from the ground? how quaint.

I beg to disagree. No relation; zip, nada, none!

And why would they want to live in the damp, cold woods with all sorts of yahoos chasing them around 24/7
if they had access to vessels?

seems as enforceable as anti-invisibility laws.

if i lived there i’d be filing complaints against ufos and demand they enforce the law!

[quote=“sosumi, post:14, topic:88475”]
And why would they want to live in the damp, cold woods with all sorts of yahoos chasing them around 24/7
if they had access to vessels?[/quote]

They live in very nice treehouses. I know this because most of the Holiday Special took place with Chewbacca’s family in their house.

I’m betting this is actually about unpaid parking tickets.

Welcome to France, visitor! The first thing that the people of France would like you to know is that they are French.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.