Frustrated feline swipes at cat show judge (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/24/frustrated-feline-swipes-at-cat-show-judge-video.html

1 Like

Good job, Kitty!

14 Likes

Wow that judge handled it badly. The kitty was showing signs of do-not-touch and she just manhandles him. A cat is pissed and you try to force them into a position? And then tries to pick him up repeatedly while broadcasting annoyance.
I’d really expect better from someone whose supposed to know about cats.
Nice right hook tho, kitty.

cat kitty GIF

29 Likes

That white cat: “Shit! That’s an option?”

Also:

Rabbits will let you know when they’ve had enough of human B.S.:

18 Likes

“…for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth!”

“Look, that rabbit’s got a vicious streak a mile wide!”

“Run away! Run away!”

Looks like a job for The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

13 Likes

Heh!

That scene has changed for me since I started sharing my life with bunnies. I got off easier than Bors:

eta: those are bite wounds. They were in a “bunny tornado” (a vicious fight) and I broke it up without putting on gloves first. Took them months to re-bond after that fight. I didn’t hold it against them because they weren’t trying to hurt me. I was just collateral damage.

11 Likes

Ouch!

5 Likes

I don’t get pet shows. The cat is disqualified for doing cat things? Lots of cats take a swipe now and then, even at people they know well. Doesn’t make them bad cats.

25 Likes

The entire premise of cat and dog shows are problematic. Breeding for very specific traits with too little thought to health and longevity. Carting animals all over to win prizes (though some probably do enjoy it), and perpetuating and exacerbating the industry of breeding animals instead of adopting one that already exists.

22 Likes

I would put agility contests in a different category, though, because those animals love the work.

19 Likes

Yeah, and those seem to focus less on the looks. Most of the ones I’ve ever seen also accept mixed breed competitors

9 Likes

6 Likes

Looking at what was on that judge’s head, I cannot blame kitty for being frightened and confused…

Black Cat Ok GIF
Black Cat What GIF

12 Likes

Nick Offerman Laughing GIF
I’m on the cat’s side.

8 Likes

Should have been given the blue ribbon for “Most Cat-Like Behavior”.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Kitty was showing restraint. That was a warning slap—she didn’t draw blood.
Or she’s declawed :rage:
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 9.28.37 PM

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 9.30.03 PM

12 Likes

ISTR that there were some shepherds doing whatever they could to prevent the organizers of this sort of stuff from creating a standard and recognizing their breed because they believed (with plenty of justification) that the dogs would be ruined when they started to be bred for appearance rather than ability.

5 Likes

Those extra ears do look scary on her! This judge is lucky she didn’t get a double or triple-bap!

5 Likes

Probably not declawed, I think that is disqualifying. Probably a mix of restraint and trimmed nails. I trim our two all the time to prevent accidental razoring but even trimmed close to the quick they can draw blood if they try hard. Kitty didn’t want to injure, just get the crazy asshole away

8 Likes