Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

9 Likes
13 Likes

That’s just a dead cat anyway, I bet.

ETA: just realised that this is a British term, so I should probably add this: Dead cat strategy - Wikipedia

7 Likes

It comes from Lynton Crosby, who’s Australian

7 Likes

OK. Non-US-American term, then.

3 Likes

BREAKING: Elon Musk’s Neuralink aims to start putting its coin-sized brain implant into human patients within six months

I feel like I know where that is going

9 Likes
3 Likes
11 Likes

Yes, it appears to be a perfect storm of Elon fanbois flagging anyone they disagree with, and no more moderators at HQ to correct it, nor any desire by the head Twit himself to reinstate anyone banned he doesn’t like anyway.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-alt-right-shows-whos-boss/sharetoken/nWnhla0KivE3

"He [Loder] doesn’t think Musk or one of his deputies is banning left-leaning accounts. He thinks these accounts are falling victim to mass reporting campaigns from the right. Those kinds of campaigns aren’t new. They are actually a standby of far right online activism. But they’re interacting in a specific way with the hollowed out staffing situation at Twitter.

Twitter and other social networks have systems in place which can automatically suspend an account if they’re suddenly the target of numerous complaints about abusive behavior. The idea is that you freeze the situation until a human can review it and figure out whether the reports are valid and what to do. The problem is those humans aren’t there anymore."

10 Likes

That might not be completely true. From the Intercept article, CrimethInc:

The collective also explained that, on the morning of the suspension, it received an email from Twitter saying the company had “received a complaint regarding your account,” but had “investigated the reported content and have found that it is not subject to removal under the Twitter Rules.”

The group said it had received no further emails from Twitter to explain or justify the ban. “This suggests that the decision to ban our account shortly thereafter was dictated by Musk himself, without regard for the Twitter Rules or any other protocol other than his own apparent allegiance to the far right.”

Twitter did not respond to a request for comment.

7 Likes

Right. My initial impression was that the email could be auto-generated, but who knows.

The failure of the system there could just be part of the strategy, so no ultimately difference.

5 Likes

This part:

Today he is trying to make sure the search engines give you Bloomberg’s free PR instead of this.

His other thing is implying his genius is being held back by “the regulators.”

18 Likes

These poor animals are being subjected to butchery, plain and simple. It’s just ridiculous to think we have even an inkling of understand sufficient to be making direct BCIs at this point in history. We can barely understand how neurons work, how they store information and relay it with any degree of predictability, and so forth but this failson some how thinks he can whip up such devices without the necessary leg work of decades of painfully slow, painfully careful study of willing human subjects.

15 Likes

Musk thinks that he can whip up anything without any leg work and do it better than the dullard experts who really have been working on it for decades.

14 Likes

What’s worse is that we have non-invasive means to get folks to use devices in a seamless manner. It’s just that it doesn’t sound as cool as having a coin-sized metal device shoved in your brain with a thousand tiny threads. Haptic feedback on touch devices, indexed keyboards, even just using friggin’ ski equipment effectively is your brain making them limbs in your body map (yay, indirect cybernetics) are all examples of it. The future version of such things will probably be more abstract like sending sonic or electrical pulses at a specific frequency to induce sensation from tools and prosthetics are likely (in fact, aren’t some prosthetics doing this now?).

12 Likes

But - then how would he try and control people?

8 Likes
18 Likes

No mention of being reported in the screenshot, but perhaps there were reports against The Daily Beast?

9 Likes
7 Likes

I think we know which mind virus he’s infected with.

11 Likes