Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

12 Likes

Love this from the replies

8 Likes

undermining the whole concept of “authentication”

3 Likes
7 Likes

The administrator of the Mastodon instance The Wandering Shop posted in response to this and it came up that Mastodon supports application-based two-factor auth, but not over SMS.

There are good arguments being made, however, that SMS should not go away, particularly from those who cannot pay, as they are more likely to not have a smart phone and could still use SMS with an older phone format.

Bit different if it was never available, but for longtime twits already using? Leave it.

https://scholar.social/@bookandswordblog/109887179777939812

Not everyone’s got a smart phone.

7 Likes

This just about sums him up.

12 Likes

4 Likes

Tesla’s Full Self Driving mode really shouldn’t be called full self driving mode :wink:

16 Likes
7 Likes

I generally hate interviews with tech business people, but I know nothing about Hive so I gave this a listen. Turns out to be a fascinating story of a 19 yo woman who in the summer of 2019 decided to learn to code and by October had launched a social network. She is either the best media trained person in the world, or (more likely) a genuine person who can admit her mistakes and honestly talk about the things that have happened at Hive (like completely shutting down their servers when security issues were disclosed for two weeks so they could fix them). The company had 3 people working there when that happened. They have 5 now

It’s a really great listen. I’m putting it here mostly as a contrast to Elon. Also, I just couldn’t think of another good place to put it

6 Likes

[…]

One of the standout items in a truly fascinating index of evidence [PDF] filed in support of Canary’s claim is titled “Swag Gift box for Elon” (page 40) shipped to Twitter’s Market Street headquarters in San Francisco for September 23. Deeper into the document (page 81), we find out what was inside the $6,783.99 treasure trove.

The hoard includes two branded bomber jackets for $1,000, two branded T-shirts for $550, socks somehow coming to $260, a $585 cheese board, $215 of cheese to go with it, Nikka Whisky for $689, a $129.99 rocket cocktail shaker, a moon ice mold for $148, a branded magnetic box at $795, and more.

[…]

6 Likes

What to get for the man who is nothing?

6 Likes
15 Likes

Part of what I assume is a set!

9 Likes

Musk’s hair looks too natural. Needs to look more Zorg-y

4 Likes

Wow (and sadly) that’s a perfect image for the situation.

4 Likes

That’s amazing political art though.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Looking at the PDF, the earliest of the 13 purchase orders goes back to November of 2021, and they all predate Elon finally taking control. So, these seem to have been Parag Agrawal stiffing them (but Canary still kept accepting orders?). Some of the invoices are for storage of merchandise, too. As for “ELON’S PARTY” I wouldn’t be surprised if that wasn’t used, since the party Twitter ended up having was for Halloween, during which he started firing the people who might have thrown it for him.

There are invoices dated after. They include 72 cowboy hats (purchase order from September), 95 “Twitter Trust and Safety” hoodies (purchase order from 19th October), and 100 “Cyber Security Awareness Month” T-shirts (purchase order from 5th October).

Yep! And from the looks of it, these days Elon is doing everything he can to provide an assist

1 Like