Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

It’s supposedly ActivityPub compliant, so they’re probably just going to fork Mastodon.

4 Likes

right!?

yeah, at least as far as i can tell some significant percentage of that has been buying up game developers already making vr games. not to mention buying reality labs, and somehow snagging john carmack ( even if not still )

i guess people by nature always come from outside of a company but if there were any antitrust regulation at all, i doubt their vr … umm… world? experiment? singularity money sink… wouldn’t exist

even musk has been smart enough to stay away

that makes so much depressing sense

2 Likes
6 Likes

I don’t think he’s particularly concerned about that

6 Likes
8 Likes

You can’t afford it anymore.

12 Likes

What is it with people who inherit massive amounts of money? Clearly, good business sense is not genetic, because they seem to go out of their way to invest in losing propositions. Blind luck would mean they’d get it right half of the time, but nope.

6 Likes

Hard times create hard people.
Hard people create soft times.
Soft times create soft people.
Soft people create hard times.

Hard and soft are the wrong adjectives, but:

Wealth-founder works 23-hour days to establish the wealth.
Second generation gets to network with their wealthy peers at private schools, while being vaguely grounded by first-gen. Networking maybe increases the intergenerational wealth. Second gen feels restrained by first gen and splashes the cash once financially independent.
Third-gen is spoiled rotten by 2nd gen.

Actually, give it 2 more generations - you probably need first-gen dead and buried for the family to have forgotten that the clan founder didn’t have the advantages they’ve received.

2 Likes

His Twitter:
https://twitter.com/EduardHabsburg

But just for the record, this isn’t true in the broad sense. I think it’s important to note at a time when so many are claiming that trying to be decent to one another is somehow weakening western civilization that that’s not how things work.

8 Likes

Aye, at best it can describe how the great-grandchildren of Rockefeller were broke.

4 Likes

:roll_eyes:

https://www.followthemoney.org/entity-details?eid=16646813

11 Likes

there’s a reason they send those kids to art school

3 Likes

You know, when I was in school, you went into the business world if you weren’t good at either academic subjects or the trades. It was for the C students who didn’t have any strong sense of what they wanted to do, other than make a decent middle class (at the time) living.

Art school required more work than what was necessary to get a job in an office and hopefully work one’s way up to at least middle management.

It’s still so strange to me that everyone wants to go into business and finance now, because those two related fields are seen as what a smart person should do to make lots of money.

(Full disclosure: I’m in the financial world myself. It does not make me proud.)

9 Likes

It is a lot of work—but it doesn’t particularly matter whether they’re any good at it or not

Trust-fund art-world people aren’t expected to make a living at it, just to stay out of the way while the grownups take care of serious things

6 Likes

Bezos say’n Fuck Elon Musk in his own way:

4 Likes

Yay! More space junk…

14 Likes
5 Likes

Why didn’t they include 4chan, 8kun, kiwi farms (!) and the rest in their suit?

8 Likes

That’s comedy!

6 Likes