Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

tina fey eye roll GIF

6 Likes

Also missing: “In about a year”.

2 Likes

It also appear that the sight lines are utterly shit. Such a lot of glass, such little visibility.

4 Likes

Don’t they need adapters anyway to connect normal cars? In that case the adapter could just be a long cable?

5 Likes

they ignite it for us at the dealership as a courtesy

4 Likes

That’s what he says about everything

His Mars colony should be just about ready to visit in about a year too

3 Likes

giphy

4 Likes
8 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes

Tesla is using Bluetooth Low Energy, but is their software failing over to Just Works pairing, which can default to a short-term key of all zeros for devices without a method to display it? Another possibility is that the vehicle’s NFC card was inside or close enough, which seems be needed for Out of Band pairing. Neither would explain how the pairing process was triggered, just how it might succeed if it was.

Randev said the other Tesla driver told him he was able to get his number because he had printed out a document, which was in his car and it had his phone number on it.

Did the other driver read Randev’s phone number from outside of Randev’s vehicle or were both unlocked?

2 Likes

One week?
ONE. EFFING. WEEK.

Insert Bender-Leela-let me laugh harder meme.

One week is not even enough to decide and understand the implications and ramifications of choosing a specific FOSS license.
Then to see whether some Twitter protected IP is included in the SW, and how that interacts with the chosen license, and think if some explicit clause about that is needed - assuming it’s still possible to open the code.
And then to check that 3rd party libraries are also available to those who might want to use your SW, and how their licenses might interact.
Also, to sort out the repos and the build system, and see whether that also can be FOSSed, lest the whole exercise be totally pointless.

And this is just from the top of my mind.
That man understands SW and OS about as much as I understand Mandarin.

6 Likes

It says using the app though, doesn’t that bounce through a server at Tesla?

2 Likes

I don’t know. I’m making an assumption that you could pair in the middle of nowhere.

3 Likes
5 Likes

That’s not helping.

8 Likes

'Cuz it’s done SUCH a bang-up job with Facebook and Horizons VR.

6 Likes

i wonder if they have even built anything new since facebook itself? everything else has been based on acquisitions… and twitter already got bought ( or so i hear )

1 Like

“Twitter is a dysfunctional fascist hellscape that continues to bleed cash by the billions as it hurtles toward total collapse. Is there some way we can get in on that action?”

8 Likes

Behold!

The METAVERSE !!!

… oh, you did specify “new”, didn’t you.
Well, never mind. Sorry. Carry on. Sorry.

8 Likes