Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

This is one beer I am content not to drink.

I have paid more than $30 for a limited edition beer before so the price isnt the issue.

And whats with the “cyberhops”? Its a pilsner so it has to be Hallertau, Tettnanger or Saaz.

(Grumbles in Zymurgy)

12 Likes

I had to look that up and could find nothing,

1 Like

It’s the marketing speak for shitty, generic hops with added branding. Like when he bought tunnelling machines off the shelf and called them his company’s.

8 Likes

Yes, but maybe they’re harvested on the mystical day of Cyber Monday.

5 Likes

I get that its marketing speak but its really annoying to me. I’d really like to know what was used. I make my own beer so I think I could make a Tesla-copy. Maybe I’ll call it Edison!

10 Likes

Do It GIF by Breaking Bad

8 Likes

But if they told you what shitty generic thing they used you wouldn’t bother make such substandard stuff.

I used to make beers and I used to make not clones, but inspired by, versions of beers I liked. Just with the focus on flavour over stability and reliability, so using premium ingredients etc. Then I discovered I was coeliac and that stopped.

8 Likes

Huh. Three brewers here in the thread alone. BoingBoing could be renamed BrewBrew. (For the record, I learned the craft at the Maisel Brewery in Bayreuth Germany, so my brewing was industrial scale).

And yeah, it’s most likely marketing speak for just using the hops oil or some other processed generic crap.

8 Likes

Four actually, and I make wine, cider and mead too.

12 Likes

Goddamn hipsters get off my lawn!

8 Likes

Hopsters, actually.

12 Likes

I tried, and failed, to brew kvass a while ago. I think my yeast was dead.

4 Likes

as if millions of (tiny) voices cried out and were suddenly silenced

5 Likes

Five? Aside from continued homebrewing, meadmaking, and making liqueurs, I have brewed professionally and previously ran a brewery.

8 Likes

Ahh, what the heck, I’ll jump in too for 6. Though the last beer I brewed was before a cross country move and the start of covid (it was a Gruit of my own recipe), last wine was about 4 years ago (an Elderberry port style). However, I do currently have some neglected kombucha hanging out in my cupboard.

On topic: would anyone besides a Mush fanboy actually buy this?

3 Likes

There is a difference between code transparency, where users will be able to see the mechanisms that choose tweets for their timelines, and code being open-source, where the community can actually submit its own code for consideration, and use the algorithm in other projects. While Musk has said it’ll be open source, Twitter will have to actually do the work if it wants to earn that label. That involves figuring out systems for governance that decide what pull requests to approve, what user-raised issues deserve attention, and how to stop bad actors from trying to sabotage the code for their own purposes.

2 Likes

There’s already PRs against it.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Just posted the link directly to the GitHub repo:

5 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes