Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

The “everything app”?

9 Likes

If it does everything then what are 3 Corp and S Corp going to make?

9 Likes

I’m just so tired of “wacky capitalists” at this stage. Isn’t it “funny” how they all have misogyny as a common thread?

12 Likes

well if he creates an app that can do everything everybody already does, and then charge for it, he’s rich!

wait… he’s already rich. and no one will buy what they can already do elsewhere for free. a genius that man is.

2 Likes

Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

Are you suggesting that capitalism is inherently misogynistic? But… but meritocracy!!! /s

miss jay gif GIF

7 Likes

Oh, “wacky capitalists” is such a great term. There’s nothing wrong with being fun and irreverent in its place. But you can see it has taken the place of everything else…of being forward thinking, of trying to make things with any sort of gravitas or meaning, of caring about the consequences of your actions, of being understanding to other people. None of those fit with the short-sighted greed that is the defining characteristic of capitalism today.

So instead we get the fun boss who posts puerile jokes between abusing and firing anyone who disagrees with him, and you can see just how forced it all is. It’s a cruel parody of humor because none of it is actually irreverent at all, it’s all just self-worship.

Musk had control of more resources than anyone on the planet and the highest end he could think of for that is forcing people to listen to his insipid sexist jokes. It says so much about how completely hollow men like him are.

7 Likes

For all its faults Twitter was always good at keeping its feature set relatively streamlined and resisting the temptation to try to be 2010 Facebook. I guess that is officially over now.

5 Likes

Yeah, your post triggered me with just how sick of business bros I am, I was thinking of a beer company, and an airline, and what arseholes they are and the phrase struck me as appropriate. I was talking to a business journalist years ago and they were looking for some background which i wasn’t giving but I told them I had stories about the head of an airline. He just laughed and said “everyone had x stories!” And I realised that everyone laughed off his public misogyny, and I’ve heard people say his persona is just a performance to outrage people, but everyone in the know already knows he is just the same unfunny misogynistic rich little prick in private. As everyone I know who has met him has described him as just like that. The fuckers don’t even have to hide it, they just “get away” with their “non woke” “humour”.

And yes I am overdosing on the scare quotes today.

6 Likes
1 Like

It can transmit antisemitic shitposts in your name through the StarLink satellite network at the same time it directs your electric car to explode in proprietary underground tunnel system. You’ll never need another app again!

6 Likes

Is this a April fools’ prank?

3 Likes

I think it’s meant to mean “the Cybertruck¹ doesn’t even crash its so smrt haha!”, but what it shows is “we’ve speed-ramped and edited our crash test footage so that you never get to see the actual point of impact which you know is coming”, and also “We don’t have the foggiest idea what a crash test is even for, so we’re masturbating at you about how it detects collisions, and not actually testing to see what happens to the occupants if when a collision occurs anyway. (Narrator: Chunky salsa is what happens, because the crumple zones and interior fit out were designed by the same person responsible for the exterior aesthetics.)”.

[1] cyber-, noun prefix: Expresses a combination of ignorance of a subject with a need to seem impressive about it to other people who also have no idea about it. Cyber-¤ = “I have no idea what ¤ is or how it works, and I’m hoping you don’t either.”

11 Likes

I look at that and all I see is Cyber-Green Lantern

4 Likes

It’s a convention in some dictionaries to stand for the word in compound definitions, to avoid repeating it all the time.

4 Likes

I put a similar definition for cyber in the Glossary a while ago

Cyber - a word used as a prefix to any moderately technology related concept to alert others that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Used a lot by defense contractors

8 Likes
1 Like

I mean, that’s not how crash tests work. :man_shrugging: Just more Tesla tr*lling.

2 Likes

A reminder needs to be said that he eventually admitted that his hyperloop ambitions were to suppress public transport projects to help boost car ownership and in turn help Tesla. So it’s VERY likely he’s lying through his teeth because of how ad sales fell off a cliff and the public’s very tepid response to Blue.

5 Likes
7 Likes

calling bullshit

And that’s just on Twitter the business, without worrying about the interest payments, or the regulatory avalanche that will fall on him in so many places, the termination lawsuits that will eventually wind through the courts, the overdue rent money…

The advertising income must be in the toilet, and blue check marks don’t pay the bills.

8 Likes