Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Thread reader still works? I’m surprised.

Of the top 10 space agencies in the world, only @NASA is verified.

Pure coincidence, I 'm sure. (/s)

Didn’t verification come from some suits or an early consent decree? Wonder how long before those documents are going to rise from the grave.

ETA:

4 Likes

424253164900ea3d23d817b5fcf50b64

5 Likes
4 Likes

ETA: From Elon Musk pays for Stephen King and LeBron James to keep Twitter blue ticks | Twitter | The Guardian

10 Likes
4 Likes

Including trump.

5 Likes
7 Likes

I thought she was Elon’s ex?

9 Likes

I thought Elon’s Ex was what he named one of his kids?

10 Likes

happy days GIF

/repeat 12 times

6 Likes
5 Likes

I hope they don’t come back. Twitter needs them more than they need Twitter, and as long as Elno is running that thing, it’s a clear and present danger to society and the sooner it dies the better.

8 Likes

This guy sure has a different approach to courting advertisers.

3 Likes
9 Likes

Ow. First sentence:

On Thursday, April 20, Elon Musk made a rare move: He delivered on a promise.

4 Likes

9 Likes

So, it wasn’t much of a surprise that Musk went a little nuts last Thursday after one of his biggest fans, the guy behind the “Whole Mars Catalog” Twitter account, tweeted out a video of a bunch of newscasters repeating the same script with the key line being “this is extremely dangerous to our democracy.”

This video was initially created by reporter Timothy Burke at Deadspin, and highlights how Sinclair Broadcasting, an extreme rightwing owner of tons of local news channels, often requires its newscasters to read scripts it provides:

But, of course, as tons of people pointed out, this wasn’t some vast leftwing conspiracy. It was rightwing talking point driven by an ideologically-driven media company that has scooped up a ton of local news channels to spread its slanted message. And you know who would have told these dipshits all of that? The very media they hate:

What’s truly amazing is that a ton of people responded to both Musk and “Whole Mars Catalog” pointing this out, and the two of them just kept on going as if it was somehow unclear who was crafting this narrative, and never admitted that it was actually the opposite of what they were implying.

And yet, since then I’ve seen more and more people on Twitter sharing this very video as proof of the leftwing conspiracy. Some are even arguing that this proves that “Donald Trump was right about the ‘fake news media’” not realizing the script was written by one of Donald Trump’s biggest supporters.

5 Likes

9 Likes
3 Likes

In the same day that Elon Musk’s Twitter snubbed the Pope by removing his legacy blue tick despite personally paying for some celebrities to keep theirs, the billionaire’s personal fortune shrank by the biggest amount this year.

Far be it from The Reg to suggest the two things were linked but Musk – seen by some a deity sent down to save humanity and others as a genius asshole – might be playing with forces that, for once, are well out of his control.

[…]

3 Likes