Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

5 Likes
2 Likes

about whether he made certain statements regarding the capabilities of Tesla’s Autopilot features after the company questioned the authenticity of the remarks, claiming Musk is a “target for deep fakes”.

At least the judge was not amused.

Judge Evette Pennypacker tentatively ordered a limited, three-hour deposition where Musk could be asked whether he actually made the statements on the recordings, and called Tesla’s arguments “deeply troubling”.

“Their position is that because Mr Musk is famous and might be more of a target for deep fakes, his public statements are immune,” Pennypacker wrote, adding that such arguments would allow Musk and other famous people “to avoid taking ownership of what they did actually say and do”.

Atrios at 14:30

6 Likes

3 Likes

Power failure here, and the best report of the current situation was a tweet by the utility.

Vehicle pegged a pole, two hours to fix.

And all that’s going to be gone until the Internet routes around the damage.

4 Likes

Maybe they should use another service? I go to the electricity regulator and look at the map. Any outages are there and the estimated fix etc. I don’t need Twitter. I could ring them also if I didn’t have a smartphone or something.

ETA
I am blaming the electricity company for using a proprietary service that it doesn’t control instead of using the open web. Even if Twitter wasn’t owned by a thin skinned, misogynistic, racist, trans hating, anti-worker, anti-environment, anti-mutualist we need our services and governments to use open services. We won’t have a web left if we put all our faith in walled app gardens. And we all lose.

Delete Twitter.

8 Likes

13 Likes

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Maybe they cancel each other out.

3 Likes

… they’ll have to call the fire department to clear out all the smug in the room :cloud:

5 Likes

Hey NYC governmental bodies. You know there’s a thing called RSS…

Shortly after midnight Thursday, several New York City subway trains slowed to a crawl as emergency crews tended to a person discovered on the tracks in lower Manhattan.

The delays were flagged for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s rail control center, where a customer service agent typed up a straightforward warning for early-morning riders to consider alternate routes.

But while the message was quickly posted to the MTA’s website and app, the alert never made it to the subway system’s Twitter account, with its 1 million followers. The agency’s access to the platform’s back-end, officials soon learned, had been suspended by Twitter without warning.

It was the second such breakdown in two weeks and the reaction inside the MTA was swift. By Thursday afternoon, senior executives agreed to cease publishing service alerts to the platform altogether.

4 Likes

at least they’ve made the right decision. ( assuming they mean the platform called twitter, and not, say the train platform. :thinking: )

2 Likes

It took a full calendar year for Jack Dorsey to come around to what most people knew from the get-go, but the guy who founded Twitter has finally admitted that maybe Elon isn’t actually very good at Twitter.

Guys I’m starting to question the competency of these billionaire techbros.

8 Likes

Oh My God Omg GIF

9 Likes

That took you a full calendar year?

5 Likes
6 Likes

sarcasm-detector

5 Likes

Is it working?

3 Likes

How are we to know?

Sarcasm comics