Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

It’s the next model “Not a flamethrower”.

1 Like

Like taking candy from a baby. If this doesn’t put him squarely in the center of the definition of what a tyrant is, I don’t know what would.

2 Likes

and they’re throwing in the towel.

SHANGHAI — Fully autonomous driving is “basically impossible” and the technology would be better applied to manufacturing, according to Chinese battery and electric car company BYD
They got all the way to “wow, that’s really neato” but they’ll never get to “that’s genuinely useful” and certainly not “this is profitable.”

Lots of issues, but the basic one is that the gap between “works well 99% of the time” and “works well 100% of the time” is the gap between “really annoying” and “useful” and there’s no way to bridge that gap.

Congrats to all the very smart people (the world’s easiest marks) for not seeing this 10 years ago.

11 Likes

miss jay gif GIF

But we were told it was just around the corner!!! /s

4 Likes

Does…does this mean our fully functioning Martian cities might be a few extra years away too? :worried:

3 Likes

Nah! Dear leader Elon assured us it’s right around the corner, and would he lie to us? /s

4 Likes

Excellent! Elon’s policies continue to decrease the value of Twitter!

2 Likes

We’ll love not crashing and dying for 59.4 seconds of every minute on the road in our new Teslas :+1:

8 Likes

I feel like seeking out all the people who very publicly said I lacked the technical or business knowledge to be taken seriously when I said this ten years ago and publicly calling them fucking stooges.

Pro tip: when entire industries tell you that you mortals are too stupid to understand why they are right despite being obviously full of shit it is because they are full of shit. Real experts can explain convincingly why they think it will work beyond: “money!”

I learnt this from a friend leading up to the financial crisis of 2006-2012 (might have been different where you lived. The Long Recession extended past that too).

6 Likes

Tying those two issues together is apt. Because it was about money. And they got a megaton of it for hyping this.

From the investors pumping up the stock prices based upon woo - to affiliated industries like car share companies saying their model was to remove drivers - our betters always swoon over ideas to eliminate labor or lower salaries. It’s always a long con pump and dump. Well, maybe the medium con. And the experts got their stock options.

7 Likes

mood GIF

Also…

6 Likes

We all value expert knowledge. But when assertions are immune to criticism- it’s not knowledge. It’s belief.

And so much is coming out of the tech and financial sectors that’s just an outright grift that they deserve extra scrutiny.

7 Likes

Yep… exactly what her song addresses…

rupauls drag race bingo GIF

4 Likes

Looking at you AI bros. Tell us again how many programmers you’ll replace with something that’s incapable of playing chess. (Elno’s pissed because he doesn’t have a slice of that con.)

6 Likes

Clown.
Clownshows.
Multiple clownshows.

Subsidized:

Who is protecting Elno, who are the people he has ostensibly bought, in U.S. Congress and up the chain? Who (in U.S. government) is claiming he’s a clown worth our money? /rhetorically

8 Likes

Dril keeps changing his name to get rid of the check mark, and they keep granting it again.

4 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

Excited Jurassic Park GIF

4 Likes