Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

I think he comes pre-folded when it comes to right wing authoritarians.

5 Likes

Adding the pic:

It’s hard to say which one is more repugnant between those two.

8 Likes

After India and Turkey, they all know that Musk will bend the knee for right-wing authoritarians.

Twitter’s going to be a major dungheap in the 2024 election season.

7 Likes

Nah. Yglesias is, in the end, just a deeply annoying policy trolley. But his positions if you look at them instead of the clickbait, could be much worse and he doesn’t have very much power. Musk is an all world piece of shit. Face on Mt. Shitmore type stuff.

Edit: when I edit it says trolley, but when I post it says trolley. Did I miss some word sub shenanigans in one of my long absences?

5 Likes

… we can’t say ■■■■■ either

5 Likes

i don’t know that it’s so much bend the knee as happy to support his fellow fascists

he’s the world’s richest man who can get top page coverage for whatever dumb idea stikes his fancy after all. he could wage all out war with erdogan if he wanted, grab the ear of every government and media outlet, and even blanket türkiye with uncensored starlink internet

he simply doesn’t want to

4 Likes
3 Likes

caitlin-doughty-■■■■■

5 Likes

Dear Scientists,

Leave Twitter.

Now.

Sincerely,

A Friend

8 Likes

Say “bait fisher” instead. After all, the term Tango Romeo Oscar double-Lima comes from the angling method of dragging baited lines and seeing who bites. Not from the monster who lives under a bridge.

So instead of “ignore the tro…” what we should say is “don’t take the bait” or “avoid the lure”.

Which all ties back to Phony Stark and his desire for adulation-fueled dopamine hits making him a commercial fisher of reactions.

9 Likes

I thought that ElMuskerino valued free speech above all, say it ain’t so Elno.

5 Likes

This happened in Bergen, Norway two days ago. Yes, this is a Tesla taxi accelerating out of control and with the brake lights on across a square that at another time would be crowded with passers-by. I have often walked just there.

It hasn’t even made international news afaik

7 Likes

I thought that was trawling?

3 Likes

Trawling is with a net, tro- er, the other one, is with a line that has hooks all along it, each hook baited. Thus the metaphor of tossing something juicy out there to see who bites.

The guy this thread is about is addicted to this form of interaction, and so uses his wealth to throw out baited lines on an industrial scale.

8 Likes

Bet it’d be trivial to bait him into violating this. There’s no way he could resist. It’s along the lines of all the top secret info ending up in game forums.

5 Likes

Ah ha! Thanks for hipping me.

That does sound disgustingly appropriate.

3 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

Where’s there a will, there’s a way.

There is no such thing as a “harmless” troll; at the very least they cause others needless emotional discomfort, and that has a small but real residual impact on how people act.

Moist trolls, however, can absolutely be a thing.

5 Likes