Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Where’s there a will, there’s a way.

There is no such thing as a “harmless” troll; at the very least they cause others needless emotional discomfort, and that has a small but real residual impact on how people act.

Moist trolls, however, can absolutely be a thing.

5 Likes

I didn’t say he was harmless, just that Musk was much much worse, largely due to the dramatic difference in real power that they have.

I’m aware of Matty G’s reputation on Twitter, but my primary experience of him is when he was on the Weeds podcast. I’m a fan of Jane Coaston and enjoyed hearing her smack him down at the time, but in that format he wasn’t really staking out particularly crazy positions, he was just more centrist than I am. My understanding is that his Twitter presence is largely maddening bullshit that he seems to think fosters his career through “engagement.” But I’m largely going off a friend who loves to hate him for that information.

And I didn’t say that you did.

Mostly, I was just demonstrating that one can post the words troll and moist, if one is savvy enough.

Good day.

1 Like
2 Likes

From fark:

8 Likes

There’s a Tesla shareholder meeting happening right now where Musk is saying that he is very confident that the future value of Tesla will come mostly from selling humanoid “Optimus” robots, which he believes will be far more plentiful than cars, with each person buying multiple robots. Ok then.

And his first question from the audience was from a guy wearing an Optimus costume. The rest of the shareholders in attendance seem to be superfans as well.

4 Likes

7 Likes

I guess people must be catching on that the full self-driving is implausible vaporware, so it’s time to switch to the next thing from old sci fi pulps. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Not a phrase you read very often these days.

Yeah, well my account there is old enough to drink.

2 Likes
2 Likes

He really is setting himself up to be the Neo-Donald Trump. He’s privileged, racist, all he needs left is to bankrupt a couple companies and just start saying the most absurd things possible to as many people as possible. I get a real sinking feeling when I think how much younger he is.

4 Likes

On the plus side, he’s ineligible for president

6 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

As he well knows, there’s no such thing as work from home emerald mining.

7 Likes

They can make these headlines evergreen with “Elon lies, again” and just differentiate in the lede.

4 Likes

Construction workers and fruit pickers work outdoors so no one should be allowed to work under a roof!

/S

8 Likes

Well both during an immediately after that meeting he insisted that Full Self Driving is totally real and is actually coming soon this time for realz, he swears!

Also the updated robots shown in a demo video still seem way less capable than the silly Honda Asimo robots from 20 years ago.

3 Likes