Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Australia asks Twitter how it will mod content without staff, gets ghosted

Australia’s communications minister Michelle Rowland has revealed that Twitter’s Australian outpost has not responded to months-old correspondence about the slimmed-down social network’s ability to meet its requirements under the nation’s Online Safety Act.

[…]

2 Likes

Well this one is “fun”

I can confirm it happened to me too. Tweets I deleted manually they seem to have stayed deleted, but tweets I deleted using an autodeleter script via Twitter API have been restored. I kept up the account locked and with only my goodbye thread to avoid impersonation. Now thinking that was too little.

3 Likes

it’s like ■■■■■’s “next week is infrastructure week”. and people dutifully report it, time and time again

maybe musk is john baron

1 Like

huh, fancy that:

While Reed and others saw the inactive accounts of loved ones disappear last week, the account belonging to the late father of controversial internet personality Andrew Tate still appears to be on the site, for example.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t know how it is in the US (where this was presumably shot), but in most countries it would be illegal to continue as soon as the pedestrian was on the crossing regardless of whether you can make it before them or not.

12 Likes

The same is true in at least parts of the US too. But remember, this is the same company that had the illegal rolling stops in it and claimed it as a feature.

10 Likes

Oof. I hope all the people like that have well-defined exit conditions, and a Plan B. In fact, they should be starting their Plan Bs now in parallel with their Twitter posting.

With Musk’s recent announcement (opens in new tab) that NBC and Comcast veteran Linda Yaccarino (opens in new tab) was taking over as Twitter CEO, there is hope for a change in direction for the platform after several months of turmoil.

Ha, no.

6 Likes

When you’re playing 5-dimensional chess, wouldn’t there be more than one “down” to change direction to?

2 Likes

is the tesla full driving beta allowed outside the us?

as a sometimes pedestrian and bicyclist, multi-ton vehicles piloted by buggy software makes me exceedingly nervous. inattentive drivers are bad enough when they’re driving; inattentive drivers not driving seems much worse.

5 Likes

Wait, this isn’t a parody account?

California Vehicle Code
Sec. 21950
(a)The driver of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within any marked crosswalk or within any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection, except as otherwise provided in this chapter.

3 Likes

I think it’s a real account… But I have been fooled before.

3 Likes

My response to the first post was, Oh, ha ha, very funny, let me read the rest of this thread for the brutal enumeration of why this is both dangerous and illegal and constitutes criminal incompetence on Tesla’s part.

I was… disappointed.

3 Likes

Similarly as a motorist, pedestrian and cyclist, my thoughts go to liability in these circs. Currently, in a manner that admits it’s not full autonomous, the driver still is legally in control of the vehicle. If a auto Tesla smacks someone, driver’s insurance handles it, if robo Tesla gets a speeding ticket, driver is responsible, and so on.

Some of this we’re already familiar with - people have tried and failed to blame cruise control to get out of a speeding ticket. I guess I want to see more Tesla drivers get ticketed for actions their “full self-driving car” did, and watch the bad publicity smack Tesla.

2 Likes

well… as long as teslas aren’t smacking people in the meantime.

5 Likes

“There are some exceptions, but I kinda think the whole notion of work-from-home is a bit like the fake Marie Antoinette quote, ‘Let them eat cake,’” he said. “You’re going to make people who make your food that gets delivered [that] can’t work from home; the people that come fix your house, they cant work from home, but you can?”

Obviously Martian pedo guy never shops for groceries, cooks his own food, or does any work around the house. (And still hasn’t got the hang of analogies that make sense.)

6 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Suing Microsoft, that could work.

Best comment:

Please oh god please reply with a printout of a poop emoji.

2 Likes