Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

2 Likes

Watch for Musk to editorialize much more heavily leading up to the 2024 elections. With all the stuff that heā€™s letting fall into the toilet by firing people or not paying the bills, the fact that someone rejected these ones, means that itā€™s their assigned job to do so.

7 Likes

Shame on them for still having ads on Twitter at all.

10 Likes
4 Likes

They should all get seriously bad cases of long Covid & brain fog.

3 Likes

and a threat to disinformation con artists like the two twits mentioned above. He will have a new book out soon and it is important to spread his book title message far and wide.

4 Likes

So more info about the Boulder office, coming directly from one ex-twitter employee. Apparently the Boulder office was never used:

11 Likes

That was very detailed and informative, thanks.

7 Likes
4 Likes

why LGBTQ+ people still uses twitter surprises me. Though Iā€™ve seen quite a lot of drama on LGBTQ+ Mastodon (including the closure of a relatively popular instance after the admin was mobbed and called ā€œnazi supporterā€ for suggesting the community should not pile upon players of HP new game. Conversation escalated quickly from there), so I guess not everyone is ready to moveā€¦

3 Likes

People spent a lot of time building communities there ā€“ definitely including LGBTQ+ communities ā€“ and often those donā€™t really move so much as get forced to start over somewhere else. Thatā€™s the one part of all this I feel bad for, people who finally found a table only to have the owner start hanging up Nazi flags all over the bar.

11 Likes

This. I was a prolific Twitter user because I found a community of awesome, smart, cute trans girls there that I really clicked with. I saw the writing on the wall when Musk took over and deleted my account. I have yet to find what I had there again.

Mastodon is great but lacks the discovery and reach of Twitter, Tumblr is good but I just didnā€™t click with it for whatever reason, Instagram is nice for pics but most of my interaction was text-based, closest I have is Facebook (which I hate as well) where many of the folks I knew from Twitter friended me after I deleted, but thatā€™s also got my cis friends and family on it so I canā€™t be as unhinged as I was on Twitterā€¦ I lost a great community all because some over-capitalized manbaby got his fee-fees hurt his ex was dating a trans girl and decided to turn it into yet another Gab/Parler.

9 Likes

I feel in some aspects I was very lucky to have little attachment to Twitter (really only started using it full time during the pandemic). Rebuilding from scratch on mastodon is been a work in progress (and still is), and I canā€™t say I follow the same people that I followed in the birdsite, justā€¦ similar mindset people. I have to say it sucked for a while; most of my friends are not really threatened by whateverā€™s happening on twitter or remain there for ā€œcommercial reachā€ reasons, but I canā€™t stand being there. I donā€™t want to validate it by remaining there.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah, there was a mass exodus (still ongoing actually) of trans people from there to other places when Musk took over. It was bad enough before that, after it was unusable. I had 275,000 accounts blocked and that was not nearly enough to protect me from GC pile-ons. I get some people have commercial interests linked to the platform, but itā€™s constantly getting worse and worse and I wonder how long before being there is a liability. Iā€™m honestly surprised itā€™s still running.

6 Likes

As Twitterā€™s advertising revenue plummets, owner Elon Musk has repeatedly claimed that advertisers are returning to the platform ā€” a claim that mainstream media outlets have uncritically amplified even though data indicates that the advertisers publicly cited as returning to Twitter have either never left or still arenā€™t advertising on the platform.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Oh forā€¦

Words fail me. Only screaming left.

8 Likes

That asshole can fuck right off.

sassy bird GIF

6 Likes

The hell? Thatā€™s like saying ā€œheterosexualā€ is a slur. I canā€™t wrap my mind around how these people think.

9 Likes