Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Public service announcement.

Why the above public service announcement is needed.

7 Likes
2 Likes

twitter 2.0?? seems more like twitter 0.17

2 Likes

It makes no claim to have originated its content, a mixture of screengrabbed text, photographs, and videos. The page’s bio says it will only credit the work’s actual creators if asked.

Oliver Alexander, an open-source intelligence analyst, noted in a tweet that heavily rewarding the account seems to contradict Twitter owner Elon Musk saying that accounts predicated on “theft” would be demonetized.

“Highest earning account does nothing but repost other people’s posts and videos,” said Oliver.

He noted a recent post Musk said that “anyone engaging in repeated theft of posts be demonetized.”

Musk was replying to a tweet which asked if the payment scheme would incentivize the theft of content instead of retweeting it, or sharing it with the original poster credited.

He didn’t define exactly what he meant by “theft of posts,” and it isn’t totally clear whether Internet Hall of Fame would meet that definition.

5 Likes

I just saw a post (and I wish I got a screenshot) where someone got an answer from Twitter tech support about why they weren’t getting those kinds of revenue sharing payments even though they had a ton of engagement, and they literally said the people getting paid were a small chosen group. Like, it’s not like YouTube ad revenue where it it literally a payment based on engagement. musk’s payments are totally curated and arbitrary and he’s choosing to give it to trollls and sex traffickers…

(If someone can confirm… I cant find that post I saw… I know sometimes fake news and satire spreads as fact…)

7 Likes

… the only codebase where the version numbers go backwards :thinking:

3 Likes

5 Likes

almost all the advertisers who left have “either come back or they said they will come back.”

“I’ll be honest, we weren’t sure about having our brand associated with your service anymore but your sponsorship-for-sex-traffickers program really turned things around. Sign us up for your biggest ad buy package!”

8 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

BBC News - Twitter loses nearly half advertising revenue since Elon Musk takeover

I guess that half was legit businesses…

4 Likes

https://www.investors.com/news/tesla-cybertruck-production-has-finally-begun-we-dont-know-much-else/

How Much Will The Cybertruck Cost?

When Tesla first unveiled the Cybertruck in 2019 with an expected 2021 production start, it promised a highly affordable vehicle.

A single-motor version with over 250 miles of range would start at $39,900. A dual-motor variant with more than 300 miles of range would begin at $49,900. A tri-motor model with more than 500 miles of range would start at $69,900.

But Tesla removed those Cybertruck prices and specifications in October 2021 and hasn’t provided new information.

——-
Ford Ranger EV - Wikipedia(Electric,is%20no%20longer%20in%20production.

The Ford Ranger EV (Electric Vehicle) is a battery poweredcompact pickup truck that was produced by the Ford motor companyand was Ford’s first all-electric production vehicle. It was produced starting in the 1998 model year through 2002 and is no longer in production.

—-
Only a quarter century before the “cyber”truck.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Has anyone at all received severance pay from twitter? And if musk is just refusing to pay what is legally owed to the people he fired, and refusing to pay is a crime, then can the state claim his asserts as civil forfeiture?

1 Like

Well, this is technically the company, Twitter, refusing to pay. Musk owns Twitter, and in many respects could be said to be Twitter, but one of capitalism’s technologies for benefitting the rich (sold as encouraging investment risk and economic growth) is insulating him from the risks taken by a corporation at his direction. There are situations where you can “pierce the corporate veil” and get directly at Musk and his money, but it is hard to do, even with him basically sock puppetting Twitter policy for his own whims. For the moment, all of these people are going at Twitter directly. And the risk/brutally unfair fuckery, is that he’s going to effectively destroy all the value and walk away before they get what is rightfully owed to them.

flourish The Capitalists! (Aristocrats)

7 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

The It Crowd Popcorn GIF

7 Likes