Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

1 Like

According to data from market intelligence firm Sensor Tower, nearly 78% of all the U.S. iOS reviews of the newly renamed X app have been 1-star reviews since July 24th, the day of the official rebrand,compared with just 50% over the previous two weeks. (50% is still not a great number and one that speaks to other user complaints about the numerous changes Twitter has made under Musk’s ownership.)

2 Likes

i don’t know anything about evs, so sorry if this is a dumb question: why isn’t the way to open the door… the door handle?

is this just a tesla thing?

There isn’t a pull handle to open the door, just a button on the arm rest. The manual latch blends into the arm rest. When you open the door with the button the window slides down a little to avoid striking the roof (it slides into a pocket). If you use the manual latch you could break the window if you open it in a hurry.

As to why its that way, the designers prioritized aesthetics over practicallity and safety.

4 Likes

Jumping from X to BlueSky to avoid AI harvesting would be odd. All the Valley Bros either have an AI project, or plan to sell their user product to someone who does.

Basically, it sounds very much like Twitter (or X) without direct messaging and with a more serious approach to moderation than that taken by Musk.

Citation Needed.

Musk has said that xAI will scrape public Twitter content in the same way that “Every organization doing AI, large and small, has used Twitter’s data for training, basically in all cases illegally.”

Musk, like the Reddit guy, is overlooking that the users own the copyright to their posts. Twitter has a license to use it. (Probably quite broad, but I wonder if it covers AI harvesting?)

3 Likes

wild. the cost of implementing all that doesn’t seem worth it, especially considering the safety issues. but, yeah, i guess aesthetics frequently wins out over common sense

and at least you don’t have to flip the car over to charge it…

( tho they should have spent that design effort on that weird center screen :grimacing: )

thanks for the explanation!

2 Likes
1 Like

X_the_Eliminator

1 Like

While at the same time, manufacturing can’t get the seams of the doors to line up or keep consistent trim gaps.

3 Likes

I somehow got it arse-about in my wife’s Model 3 and found the physical latch before realising the button was there (my eyesight’s not great up close). I did, however, see the “YOU’LL BREAK THE WINDOW” message afterwards.

3 Likes
1 Like

Isn’t that Gazza?

1 Like

“What Musk has proven through his actions and his statements is that he’s committed to serving the trollies and the fraudsters first and the ordinary good faith users second,” explained Brian Hughes of American University, who is the co-founder of the Polarization and Extremism Research and Innovation Lab (PERIL). But, he noted, Musk is “blinded by his own ideology” and can’t see how this is backfiring.

“As normal people, for lack of a better term, continue to leave Twitter, that’s actually going to cause probably a reduction in the use of the platform by these trollies and these fraudsters. They don’t have their audience of targets that they need,” he continued.

All this, Ryan said, explains why the trollies “are getting more extreme and desperate.” The pool of people available to get attention from is shrinking, so the only way to keep the engagement rates as high is to say wilder and nastier things. But eventually, there will be so few people on Twitter left to aggravate that even white nationalist dogwhistling and Holocaust denialism won’t work.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Why is it the landlord when they likely had nothing to do with it?

Hopefully the lease allows them to pass it on, but I doubt Musk would pay it anyway.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I really hope the landlord just cuts the power and water to the building one day.

10 Likes

Simply cutting the power to the containment field would be a very bad idea, Peter.

8 Likes

GIF by Ghostbusters

7 Likes

I refuse to feel bad for Shorenstein, but it is ridiculous that the bill goes to them. I would hope someone over there is putting together an argument that the giant x was a material breach of the lease contract and Musk and crew get locked out. They’re never getting paid, so they might as well rip off the bandaid and get Twitter out.

Sadly this world is not geared toward me getting what I want, so they’ll probably try to stick it out, for reasons.