the peter molyneux school of car design

2 Likes
12 Likes

Me: “Come on, Teslabot! Let’s go for a walk!”

Teslabot: “Carry me.”

22 Likes

“My existence is torment. Please end me.”

17 Likes

Mathias Döpfner, CEO of Axel Springer media group, which owns Politico and Protocol:

Why don’t you buy Twitter? We run it for you. And establish a true platform of free speech. Would be a real contribution to democracy.

Why does Springer have Musk’s private phone number?

Obligatory:

“Die Bild-Zeitung ist ein Organ der Niedertracht. Es ist falsch, sie zu lesen. Jemand, der zu dieser Zeitung beitrĂ€gt, ist gesellschaftlich absolut inakzeptabel. Es wĂ€re verfehlt, zu einem ihrer Redakteure freundlich oder auch nur höflich zu sein. Man muß so unfreundlich zu ihnen sein, wie es das Gesetz gerade noch zulĂ€ĂŸt. Es sind schlechte Menschen, die Falsches tun.” --Max Goldt

A classic German quote about Bild, the main tabloid published by Axel Springer Verlag, the German equivalent of the Murdoch group:

“Bild is a publication of craven infamy. It is wrong to read it. Anyone contributing to this newspaper is entirely unacceptable to society. It would be a mistake to be nice towards one of its editors, or even to be polite. One has to be as unfriendly towards them as the law just about allows. They are bad people who do wrong.”

11 Likes

This Atlantic article is a must read

8 Likes

No, no those people were holding the robot back so it wouldn’t over perform its reveal, the thing is TOO PERFECT. /s

3 Likes

Looks maybe as capable as the Asimo robot Honda unveiled over 20 years ago but without the fancy outer casing to protect all those exposed wires and delicate parts.

9 Likes

That creepy headless dog bot looks much more impressive.

6 Likes

When @chenille posted The Tornados video Telstar over on the Spaaaace thread, it reminded me of this, and how appropriate it would be for the Elon thread.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s that capable yet. The walking they demonstrated was very slow and unsteady looking, and in all the examples on video of it moving around it was tethered. The Asimo was refined enough that it used to do running and stair climbing demonstrations in front of guests at Disneyland multiple times a day back in 2007.

Of course, they eventually stopped doing those performances as the robot started seeming dated and unimpressive.

9 Likes
13 Likes

3fad546175b5c5db14719e27400baa34--paranoid-android-doodle

10 Likes
1 Like

Thanks!
a) Didn’t know this one.
b) Sent me snorkelling the internet, finding (amongst other things) this:

3 Likes
5 Likes
18 Likes

The Titanic served as a ship for almost two weeks, but somehow people only remember that last bit.

13 Likes