Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

2 Likes

Bleh.

3 Likes

I’ll bet that Musk sees this development as a major opening for his own robots, as he’ll probably never agree to the “no weaponization” thing because of “freedoms!” or whatever:

1 Like

A fun discussion of why Elon is pretty mid

3 Likes

“It’s a scam,” says George Hotz, whose company Comma.ai Inc. makes a driver-assistance system similar to Tesla Inc.’s Autopilot. “These companies have squandered tens of billions of dollars.” In 2018 analysts put the market value of Waymo LLC, then a subsidiary of Alphabet Inc., at $175 billion. Its most recent funding round gave the company an estimated valuation of $30 billion, roughly the same as Cruise. Aurora Innovation Inc., a startup co-founded by Chris Urmson, Google’s former autonomous-vehicle chief, has lost more than 85% since last year and is now worth less than $3 billion. This September a leaked memo from Urmson summed up Aurora’s cash-flow struggles and suggested it might have to sell out to a larger company. Many of the industry’s most promising efforts have met the same fate in recent years, including Drive.ai, Voyage, Zoox, and Uber’s self-driving division. “Long term, I think we will have autonomous vehicles that you and I can buy,” says Mike Ramsey, an analyst at market researcher Gartner Inc. “But we’re going to be old.”

6 Likes

And they’ll be able to fly, and they’ll be powered by cold fusion, and each will come with a spandex jacket for every passenger!

9 Likes

With that much money you’d think they would have perfected a teleporter by now.

7 Likes
1 Like

If there is one man who is in the market for a Stepford Wife it’s this guy.

3 Likes

High Quality Im Shocked GIF

4 Likes

Even more shenanigans! (Potentially)

6 Likes
8 Likes
15 Likes

God knows I have never been a fan of Musk, but I don’t think I am imagining this. He really is unraveling and it is accelerating. Musk a month from now should be spactacular.

10 Likes

It couldn’t possibly be because you make denigrating comments about trans people and that makes her life worse everyday and put her at risk - wherever she goes. And all her friends and community.

17 Likes

I can’t tell if he’s unraveling or just the wealthiest person alive who realized he doesn’t have to hold back.

Denigrating comments? He’s just asking questions and doesn’t like pronouns. It had to be the commies. /s

13 Likes

I wonder how robust his wealth is at this point. Can he weather bad press or will his reputation and his wealth spiral downwards together?

4 Likes

I think you only need to look in the mirror for “turning your daughter against you” Elon…

13 Likes

It seems to me like he fell into a bad circle, with new right-wingers eager to push him further from reality. He was never someone who cared or had much real grip on it, but it wasn’t all open transphobia and stanning for dictators…my theory is that’s the difference between where Grimes had sometimes said things like “you don’t really mean that”, and now getting his ego fed for showing off just how little tether he has.

6 Likes

Dude was born in a bad circle… his parents ran an emerald mine in South Africa. The wealthy don’t have a grip on reality, because they simply don’t have to.

I think he just wasn’t saying that part out loud. He’s gonna support whoever ensures he remains on top, no matter how odious.

13 Likes