Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Nope. Born in 61. He wrote about people younger than he was.

ETA: The Ok, Boomer was directed at the writer of the piece - Douglas Coupland

4 Likes

Never heard of him. :wink:

4 Likes

throwing up dumb and dumber GIF

2 Likes

But isnā€™t saying okay boomer the same thing?

2 Likes

Elon was born in '71*. And that article was so over-the-top ass kissing bullshit, how could anyone take it seriously?

eta: oops, I just figured out you meant the author was born in '61

6 Likes

Douglas Coupland is the boomer, heā€™s famous for writing a book called Generation X.

He was recently discussed here because he had an interview shilling his new book and he was embarrassingly full of shit. Hard to read so Iā€™ll give this one on paedo apartheid money boy a hard pass too.

4 Likes

Nope; we donā€™t want him!

1,2, 3ā€¦

4 Likes

Not all Wharton grads.

Eh - maybe not.

3 Likes

Isnā€™t that ā€˜standardā€™ pretty much meaningless now?

2 Likes

They gave us Trump, Milken and Musk. Iā€™m not letting it go.

Several Trumps.

4 Likes

Yeahā€¦

Basically, any idiot with enough money can buy a degree from there; rendering the ā€˜valueā€™ of said degree worthless.

4 Likes
6 Likes

So glad weā€™re giving up ground-based astronomy for this

10 Likes

Yep.

11 Likes

https://www.science.org/news/2020/10/starlink-already-threatens-optical-astronomy-now-radio-astronomers-are-worried

4 Likes

I read this and I donā€™t know what to make of it. A full sized generator installed at each house is over 5k for the smallest option possible. A lot of people canā€™t afford that. Our government just basically ended democracy in this state to enforce one-party rule until whenever that can be overcome. We canā€™t just be sure we can ā€œelectā€ officials who will work on improving our power grid. In fact, itā€™s becoming obvious that this is an oil&gas murder/suicide pact most of us didnā€™t agree to.

Tesla may suck but the option theyā€™re offering is kind of needed by anyone who canā€™t afford to move from the state or install a private generator. It sucks. Everything about this sucks. Everyā€¦ everything.

7 Likes

This was such a bootlicking puff piece. Shame on you Douglas.

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes