Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

He’s inventing email. And putting it on the web!

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

11 Likes

I mean, that’s going to be a super easy rule to write on my mail server to block anything coming from xmail. I’m guessing that whoever registered xmail.com in 1998 is either going to get a big payday or this is yet another musky vaporware.

3 Likes

Musk fanboys are using rather suspect numbers to explain what a brilliant business model this is.

“If just half of all people who use the most popular free email service in the world switch over to a service which will charge them a monthly fee for no tangible benefit then Musk will make lots of money! Genius!!”

5 Likes

I think “no tangible benefit” is even overselling it. Given how stable twitter has been under his rule, why would you want to trust him with any service that needs high uptime to be useful

6 Likes

I’m amazed that he’s smart enough to make that calculation, yet dumb enough to think it means anything.

Why not assume all Gmail users switch over, and charge ten dollars per month instead of three? Imagine how much more money that would make!

4 Likes

Really all Musk needs is one user who is willing to pay $1 Billion a month for the email service. He could pay off his purchase of Twitter in just under four years!

8 Likes

this is a great idea. especially if musk himself becomes a paying subscriber. then he’d be paying himself and erasing his debts at the same time. it’s like free money! /s

6 Likes

Think of the tagline possibilities, though:

Xittermail. For shittier mail.

1 Like

Ok, but consider the integration possibilities. You could use X to send both Xmail and Xs, to either email or X accounts, and very possibly Xmail could basically work as an enhanced X…or even vice versa, so the recipient would now be able to react with Xs to your Xmail just like they would with an X. And wouldn’t it be nice to have Xs in your X so you can X while you X? Just think about it…or don’t, Musk didn’t.

9 Likes

8habsd

6 Likes

Considering Elon’s track record, an xmail account could be useful. You give it to the people who think an email constitutes legal notification.

“Your honor, we have logs that we send a notification email on this date.”

“Ah, but I have an xmail account.”

Judge: “Case dismissed.”

5 Likes

… it’ll be at twittermail.com but he’ll try to make everybody call it “X mail” anyway :crazy_face:

9 Likes

another benefit: people around the world would be able to stop worrying about whether a repressive government might have read their private mail and messages

no need to worry about the question… because the answer would be a clear yes :tada:

5 Likes

Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if he got more selling access than in subscriptions

4 Likes

Why not both?

3 Likes

Musk is definitely Number Two.

1 Like

Who is Number One?

5 Likes

You are[,] Number Six

5 Likes

I’m not a number, I’m a free man!

6 Likes

ezgif.com-animated-gif-maker (3)