Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

I attempted to survive for 7 days in an abandoned city

So, camping on easy mode? How is that in any way dangerous or hard? Are there zombies? Why are people watching such bullshit?

8 Likes

I don’t know whether the list is complete; what would be today’s equivalent of fleecing Maggie Thatcher for about $120 million in late 1970ies money?

5 Likes

Elon Musk’s Boring Company Ghosts Cities Across America
The tunnel venture has repeatedly teased local officials with a pledge to ‘solve soul-destroying traffic,’ only to back out

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-musk-boring-company-tunnel-traffic-11669658396

An aide to Mr. Hogan toured a parking-lot test site at the company’s then-headquarters near Los Angeles International Airport, getting a look at a tunnel-boring machine the company purchased secondhand. Boring named it Godot, the title character in Samuel Beckett’s play about a man who never shows up.

4 Likes

Decidedly lacks a certain je ne sais quoi - but then that’s Musk in a nutshell.

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: maybe not as innovative as promoted

640px-Bricklin_SV-1_AMI

1 Like

Because Bear Grylis did a “Man vs Wild” episode on urban survival back in 2010, and concluded it was so easy it wasn’t even a challenge, so of course a youtube channel or ten has copied the plot. They watch it because it sounds somewhat more interesting than the pap coming out of the more mainstream outlets, because it shows up in their xitter effluvial flow. And, of course, they watch it because they’re under the perpetual threat of incoming nuclear warheads leads them to think, “after the end I’ll be one of the few survivors in an otherwise empty world,” and think that such videos will somehow prepare them for the nightmare of radioactive fallout, ubiquitous urban firestorms, and dealing with all the other survivors who watched the same videos.

Or maybe they just like Mr. Beast’s presentation style. The guy and his team have done, what, thousands of videos? They must be doing something right.

1 Like

art-mg-mercedesw198gullwing2s500

2 Likes

Piling on

Tesla Cybertruck turns into world’s most expensive brick after car wash

5 Likes

Yup, going the defense contractor route:

That’ll keep the Falcons flying. Starship? We’ll see. If they get it to work properly, that is.

3 Likes
6 Likes

When you park it outside, remember to put it in Rain Mode, just in case.

6 Likes

It’s the Forbidden Zone.

planet-of-the-apes-forbidden-zone-600x451

3 Likes

It’s not even a pretty hate machine

4 Likes

And every embedded link to a tweet does the same thing. Have any of the BoingBoing editors decided to stop linking to tweets? I get the impression that @beschizza doesn’t link to them, but think @frauenfelder and others still do.

4 Likes

The [tesla] advisor said that “it is a known issue in the Cybertruck that when you do a screen reset, instead of resetting in the standard two minutes, it takes five hours.”

ummm
 what? :face_with_head_bandage:

9 Likes

Multiple owners complained about not having heat in their car, usually when temperatures were colder than 14° F [-10°C]—or what Tesla calls “worst-case scenario conditions,” according to NHTSA documentation.

4 Likes

Less than 14 is worst case? Did they even consider the Northeast?

3 Likes

“
 I’ll be one of many refugees in a world where all the buildings and food have been destroyed” doesn’t sound nearly as much fun :grimacing:

6 Likes

Ha, can’t wait for the remake of Omega Man with a Tesla instead of a 1970 Ford XL Convertible.
And, I don’t know, Kevin Sorbo instead of Charlton Heston?

5 Likes