Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

To mine cryptocurrency?

4 Likes

Only, like, literally.

10 Likes

with tesla profits falling, they should take over all those ugly panel displays and offer up some ads there too. throw in an ad free upgrade with monthly subscription

( really, i think this is the point of corporate driverless car fantasies. trapped in a box. a literal captive audience for floor to ceiling ads. *shiver* )

2 Likes

Sounds like they’ve been experimenting with that.

9 Likes

Brake subscriptions are only an enshittification and regulatory capture step away…

9 Likes

Are the phantom braking issues the free trial running out? :thinking:

5 Likes

It’s more like witness several thousand power plants running at 100% output so you can crunch the transactions on a speculation “currency” that’s only real use is buying heroin or scamming people out of USD.

3 Likes

And how many chips could he buy for the cost of one truck?

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

Twitter still has more monthly active users, so that means some people just stick their heads in every once in a while. I bet those users are really easy to lose as their time between checks gets longer and longer.

2 Likes

Boeing already beats them to the punch with MCAS in 737 MAX, mission critical system as addons.

Does this mean it’s going to ban Elmo?

1 Like

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/tesla-avoids-texas-law-concerns/269-19de0eff-73c8-4231-891c-0b0a78b9dcf8

Concerns after Tesla uses new Texas law to avoid Austin’s environmental regulations

The company’s ability to deannex from the city comes after Senate Bill 2038 passed last year.

TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas — A petition by Tesla to release nearly 2,100 acres of land from Austin’s extraterritorial jurisdiction, or ETJ, has been approved.

But many are concerned because Giga Texas will no longer have to follow Austin’s environmental regulations that they’ve been under for the last four years. The city’s regulations included standards on water and air quality.

“We’re always concerned about being down water and downwind of anything that happens over there,” Richard Franklin, a resident of one of the closest neighborhoods to the gigafactory, said.

Since Tesla is one of the top five largest water consumers in the Austin area, Fuentes thinks the company should be subject to the city’s strong environmental regulations. She feels SB 2038 strips the city of its authority at the local level.

“[When] we have the state Legislature passing legislation that makes it easier for companies like Tesla to opt out of our own regulation, it’s going to have consequences,” Fuentes said. “It’s going to have impacts on our communities.”

3 Likes
2 Likes

Duh. You have to activate “Don’t let things fall off” mode in the settings.

8 Likes

Just to save anybody the trouble:

Yes, we live in a Far Side cartoon right now, and one that isn’t funny.

13 Likes

That’s a subscription, I believe

5 Likes
1 Like