Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

8 Likes

I’m no expert, but that looks a lot more like bog standard fabric-backed tape than any actual special-purpose product.

3 Likes

… so I can’t cyber my truck with it :confused:

5 Likes

I think you could definitely cyber your truck with that stuff, but I don’t think Elon cybered his truck with it, despite the vehicle’s name. I think he used off-the-shelf hardware store duct tape.

2 Likes

… I am so disappointed in him now :disappointed:

3 Likes

Only now? You gotta catch up. :smirk:

2 Likes
6 Likes

In other words, he’s going to do it.
Pondering, my ass.

12 Likes

I know it predates him but it relates to his partners such as Bone Saw himself. And your regularly scheduled reminder that if you are still on Twitter because it’s a network of resistance: it’s not and never was. It was always compromised among other problems and this was known to actual Arab Spring organisers who actually weren’t on and didn’t use Twitter.

4 Likes

found on fark:

9 Likes

Yoink!

1 Like

2 Likes

wow. well, if someone as smart as him can’t mire a company in debt, kill features, encourage hate speech, run nazi ads on the feeds of major brands, and make a profit - it must be the jews. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

4 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes

That’s some kind of logic…

The company’s value has plunged since Musk’s purchase, and he said on Monday that the ADL “seems to be responsible for most of our revenue loss.” He said in another post that the organization’s “unfounded accusations” have kept advertisers away.

“They have much less power in Asia, so our ad revenue there is still strong,”

3 Likes
6 Likes

You know I didn’t really think about the dumb quote misattributed to Voltaire but actually by some Nazi “to learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise”. I know it’s a fool’s game to point out every really stupid thing that deeply stupid man does and says but I’d like to parse that for a second.
It’s simply not true, those who are “in control” often stop certain criticisms as they are part of their hegemonic network, but not in control. I’m thinking in particular of religious beliefs which are privileged in so many situations. Just as a first approximation I’d suggest that those in power are those whom any criticism of is powerless. No matter the strength of your critique of hegemonic power it.doesn’t.matter. It’s so powerful that I can criticise. I can make a Barbie movie mocking patriarchal capitalism (within limits) but they’ll just make megabux off it.

2 Likes

Hmm… I think it depends on the situation, though and the type of power, yeah? Because authoritarianism is a thing that still exists in the world, where that is precisely how power is exerted (certain things being verboten). The capitalist west certainly works in that manner, absorbing all kinds of criticism in order to profit off of it… but there are places where what you say can get you arrested or even killed.

5 Likes