9 Likes

It’s so ugly it’s cute

Confused Jane The Virgin GIF

6 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

“It’s so ugly it’s ugly.”

5 Likes

Hmm. Thanks to pareidolia, I would say most of what makes a car cute or not are the headlights and front bumper. Like for instance a VW beetle is cute not just because it looks like a bug, but because it has kind of an innocent happy expression.

Tesla Cybertruck headlights

Taking a look, I would rate a Cybertruck as about as cute as a Cylon.

10 Likes

Knight Rider Nbc GIF

Wait… is the desire to create an autonomous car in general because of that show? :thinking:

8 Likes

Possibly even earlier
speed-buggy-speed-1585297916

5 Likes

Weighing Options Are You Sure GIF

1 Like

Tesla ignored research that shows making the headlights and front look like a face, then accidents go down. (That’s very big in Japan, but possibly because it also makes the vehicle look cute. :thinking:)

3 Likes
3 Likes

I really do think it’s from Total Recall, which has not just an autonomous car but specifically a low-poly autonomous taxi. It also has a Mars colony ruled by a corporate dictator, neural implants, a drilling machine, and spends a lot of time wondering how much of what he’s seeing is a simulation. I mean, at what point is it too much to be a coincidence?

13 Likes

Thinking Patrick GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

What about?

herbie the love bug volkswagen GIF

3 Likes

Since we’re doing this:

11 Likes

You Win This Time Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

I think this car needs to switch to decaf.

main-qimg-70350013fb4aba6ca5489784344df243-lq

10 Likes
7 Likes

Tesla self-driving claims parked in court

Tesla is facing a lawsuit over claims made about its self-driving technology after a US judge rejected the company’s motion to dismiss the case.

Although Judge Rita Lin dismissed some of the claims, the order [PDF] clears the way for disgruntled Tesla owners to pursue action based on the company’s increasingly specific boasts about what its cars are capable of and the cross-country driving abilities that are forever just around the corner.

[…]

The order is a setback for Tesla, which had compared the claims to a bed sheet company getting the thread count wrong. Not so, according to the order. “Tesla did not recite the same lie time and time again; instead, it allegedly lied about its progress incrementally and with increasing specificity over time.”

[…]

The Register asked Tesla to comment but did not receive a response.

4 Likes

Follow-up:

Neuralink keeps losing the thread on brain implant wiring

Elon Musk’s neurotech startup’s revelation that the tiny wires on its chip implants came loose from its first human patient’s brain might not have been a first.

[…]

6 Likes
3 Likes