Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

8 Likes

“What’s that?” she asked.
“The ugliest T-shirt in the world,” he said, and kissed her cheek.
“The Bollards will be disappointed,” she said, coming in and closing the door. “I thought they’d had me sleeping in that.”
“So ugly that digital cameras forget they’ve seen it.”
“Cameras can see it. The surveillance cameras can all see it, but then they forget they’ve seen it.”
“Why?”
“Because their architecture tells them to forget it, and anyone who’s wearing it as well. They forget the figure wearing the ugly T-shirt. Forget the head atop it, the legs below, feet, arms, hands. It compels erasure. That which the camera sees, bearing the sigil, it deletes from the recalled image. Though only if you ask it to show you the image. So there’s no suspicious busy-ness to be noticed. If you ask for June 7, camera 53, it retrieves what it saw. In the act of retrieval, the sigil, and the human form bearing it, cease to be represented. By virtue of deep architecture. Gentlemen’s agreement."

10 Likes

I was thinking of the Ugly T-shirt that @KathyPartdeux was too.

But then I thought of how they would actually deal with it now, as adversarial attacks on visual AI are supposedly quite trivial, and it’s that they’d teach their AIs to drive over people. And blame the people.
Because THE CARZ MUST FLOW!

5 Likes

Well, if you jaywalk and don’t have a premium subscription - what do you expect?

4 Likes
2 Likes

Targeting people with more money than sense is a proven business strategy.

$175K

from

7 Likes

Somehow mildly less dumb looking than the cybertruck (still really dumb looking though)

Does look like it has headlights on the front top, would that break any US laws? It’s bound to shine directly into oncoming drivers eyes at that height…

3 Likes

That was one of my thoughts. That’s just on level, will the light blind the driver in the rear view mirror on an incline?

3 Likes

i saw a child zooming around on the sidewalk* in a tiny cybercar the other day. 1500 dollars. :confused:

( * i assume it also can’t go off-road )

https://electrek.co/2023/12/04/the-tesla-cybertruck-for-kids-is-real-and-you-can-actually-buy-one-sort-of/

3 Likes

Blind ALL the other vehicles !!!__FGD135__RAW-ezgif.com-added-text

7 Likes

Sources familiar with the matter say that the tunnel is purely to funnel Cybertrucks out of the end-of-line to the other side of the road.

4 Likes

GIF by Demic

8 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
9 Likes

Elon Musk had a sexual relationship with a former SpaceX intern, who he later hired onto his executive team, according to The Wall Street Journal. He also had a sexual relationship with a second employee. And a third woman alleged that Musk asked her several times to have his children; she refused. He then denied her a raise and complained about her performance.

13 Likes

Tesla’s Autopilot false advertising tussle with California DMV must go to trial

A California judge has rejected Tesla’s bid to dismiss claims that the self-driving capabilities of its vehicles were overstated.

Two complaints against the company were filed by the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in 2022, alleging that Tesla violated state law by claiming that its vehicles could drive autonomously.

If successful in its complaints, the DMV could “revoke or suspend respondent’s licenses to manufacture and sell motor vehicles in California on the ground that respondent unlawfully has used false, misleading phrases and feature names to market such vehicles.”

[…]

4 Likes

Comment:

AI laggard Apple introduced the world to its fashionably late spin on the tech yesterday, and of course mewling billionaire manbaby Elon Musk had to stick an oar in – not that anybody asked.

Cupertino told its Worldwide Developer Conference that within its walled garden, AI is not “Artificial Intelligence” but “Apple Intelligence.” Without retreading old ground – you can read all about the announcements here – it’s basically Siri on steroids, putting “powerful generative models right at the core of your iPhone, iPad, and Mac,” but with an emphasis on privacy.

However, what stuck in Musk’s craw was Apple’s intention to support other models like OpenAI’s ChatGPT.

[…]

It seems that OpenAI is a dirty word within the mogul’s business empire. On his chaotic social network X, Musk’s knee jerked so hard it must have smacked him in the kisser.

“If Apple integrates OpenAI at the OS level, then Apple devices will be banned at my companies. That is an unacceptable security violation,” he raged, adding: “And visitors will have to check their Apple devices at the door, where they will be stored in a Faraday cage.”

[…]

1 Like

Musk is going to extract his $56B out of Tesla one way or another.

That’s a lot of tunnels, though…

Maybe I’ll start calling him The Tunnel King.