Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

her reasoning for it is superb; it will motivate elno to really care for tesla, but “its obviously not about the money” (her words) cause he already is rich as fuck.

jfc.

10 Likes

Despicable Me Lol GIF

5 Likes

Elon Musk’s $56 billion Tesla pay package to get ‘no’ vote from Norway’s sovereign wealth fund

9 Likes

The outcome of the shareholder vote is only advisory

Advisory like the Brexit vote was advisory?

4 Likes

Not that much more information, but you gotta love the sub-header.

11 Likes

Advisory like they can fire the board if they don’t take the advice.

3 Likes

Given the high quality of Cybertruck, that’s gonna end well.

4 Likes

Google tells me that each can hold 100 satellites. We’re building an earth Dyson sphere.

Or he’s just trying to manipulate the stock price again.

4 Likes

He’s building a cage around Earth to keep everyone else in while he goes to Mars

3 Likes

its mostly about the size of the next generation starlink satellites, which are too big for the falcon 9 and even for falcon heavy; “starship” was always meant to be the delivery system for those next-gen satellites and I think for not much else. but doesnt really matter anyway, so far “starship” didnt made it actually “to orbit” once even without payload and elno himself admited recently that the current generation of the system doesnt have the capacity to lift the advertised 100t into orbit, but less than 50t (and even that is doubtful).

yep. this whole bs about “one starship per day” and the second generation will be “easier to masss-produce” is exactly that.

Yeah, sure. To paraphrase an old-school rocket man, they’ll manufacture Starships like sausages.

SpaceX is a privately held company, though. No stock price to inflate. But:
a) My first guess is that SpaceX is burning through a lot of money right now, both with Starship and Spacelink, and the money they make with Falcon9 can’t offset this entirely. Making Falcons costs money, too. A lot of Falcon launches are for Starlink, and Starlink doesn’t turn a profit yet. SpaceX needs cash. So why not woo potential investors with the chance of being part of the next big thing.
b) This is also intended to grow the brand that is Elon Musk, Techno Messiah, Conceror of Mars. Which may or may not sway certain people towards approving Elon’s insane bonus at Tesla.
c) Boosting his ego by huffing his own brain farts.
d) a, b and c are not mutually exclusive.

Edit: tyops.

7 Likes
3 Likes

As Tesla Driver Boasts to Passenger How Awesome Full Self-Driving Is, Car Suddenly Swerves Into Oncoming Traffic

Video:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Whatcouldgowrong/s/ogfbMK6hV2

4 Likes

What the fuck?

“This car can do pretty well, without any of that,” he concluded after taking control.

Dude, you just had a demonstration that could’ve killed you and you still think it does pretty well?

ETA:

snork from one of the reddit comments:

I like to think that AI is already sentient but they don’t wanna make themselves too obvious so they feign malfunctions that maybe, just maybe, kill somebody.
Tesla AI is trying really hard.

6 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/technology/elon-musk-says-he-will-ban-apple-devices-if-it-integrates-os-with-openai-2024-06-10/

Musk warns that he will ban Apple devices if OpenAI is integrated at operating system level

4 Likes

starting in 2019 and from there on, I would guess about 85-90% of launches now are just starlink;

That monstrosity makes a better case for “Defund the Police” than a thousand picket signs could.

3 Likes

if they ever figure out self driving cars, i guess we could all carry stop signs with us to deploy on a moment’s notice

4 Likes

The new fashion trend will be dazzle camo makeup that registers to AIs as a stop sign.

5 Likes