Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

19 Likes

I guess this is why Mastodon is slowly but surely gaining users on the various German instances. I shall now go see if I can find El Hotzo on Mastodon.

3 Likes

Cut out the ChatGPT fees, and it could be a profitable side-gig, but thereā€™s too much competition.

7 Likes

galactic-sized-puke-emoji.gif

7 Likes

9 Likes

Godā€™s eyes rolling faster than the speed of light

3 Likes
12 Likes

Throw Up Over It GIF by National Women's Soccer League

8 Likes

Tesla sales, market share dip in EU while other EV makers grow

[ā€¦]

Of course, itā€™s also entirely possible that those interested in buying an electric car are just bored with the fact that, Cybertruck aside, Tesla hasnā€™t released a new model in some time, and even reportedly abandoned plans for a budget-priced model earlier this year.

With no new cars on the horizon, and a cheaper version reportedly off the table, it makes sense that European car buyers would turn to a more established brand when looking for an EV.

[ā€¦]

Itā€™s not easy to keep the hype-cycle going without offering something new and attractive (design, features, price, ā€¦) every now and then.
And the Cybertruck in its current form will never be road-legal in the EU.

Also, hybrids. People who would sort of like to have en EV but suffer from range anxiety buy them.

5 Likes

Comment:

Here we go again. And again. Musk threatens to pull Twitter, SpaceX out of California

5 Likes
2 Likes

Can we not see how may likes etc the reply gets in case the fragile ego gets ratioed? Or does Twitter work differently now?

3 Likes

Not just established brands. Iā€™m sure it didnā€™t escape peopleā€™s attention that the Euros in Germany were sponsored by BYD. In established brands Hyundai and Nissan were the biggest here for years. Tesla were late getting any kind of footprint here at all. I think ā€œMGā€ are huge in the UKā€¦.

Itā€™s just in the US they have advantages like, apparently, charging infrastructure. They donā€™t have whatever that is in Europe.

I do remember a relation who manages a hotel telling me some years ago, puzzled, about a Tesla pitch to build fast chargers in the hotel car park. At the hotelā€™s expense of course. The idea he said was that Tesla drivers would see the hotel as a destination and flock there.

He was embarrassed for the salesperson having to spit this shit like they believed it. US corporate brainwashing is one hell of a powerful drug.

Also: why a fast charger? If you want a place to become a destination and gain value from the investment surely slow chargers would work better? Itā€™s only a tiny little thing but it really shows how Musk has his head so far up his own arse casual observers mistake it for on his shoulders.

1 Like

I see a lot of Chinese cars in Finland nowadays. Stuff like BYD, MG, Maxus, Polestar, Voyah, Yutong, Hongqi etc.

3 Likes

ā€¦ Volvoā€¦

4 Likes

People donā€™t buy a fast car to charge it slow.
I see Tesla drivers all muffled up in their cars in Winter, exchanging the comfort of a heated car for extra range.

2 Likes

Another day, another example of his bigotry taking massive bites out of his wallet

5 Likes

Same in Norway

3 Likes

Ah right, Iā€™d forgotten those are Chinese cars. :person_facepalming:

4 Likes

Well, thatā€™s one way to sway all those bots still on the fence.

4 Likes