Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

Obviously I can’t confirm.

Freeze Peach y’all!

6 Likes
7 Likes

Mr. PM, please put the fucking phone down and do your fucking job…

GIF by Futurithmic

6 Likes

8 Likes
2 Likes

Sigh. I miss Glove and Boots. :cry:

3 Likes

I shared this comic in my friends group and one said “this is unrealistic. Elon would not employ a female person of color with that hair”

The inmediate reply cracked me up: “Notice she’s no longer there in the 3rd and 4th panels. She was inmediately laid off”

6 Likes

3 Likes
6 Likes

Where’s the Texas of Europe? Hungary? Cos Twitter is moving there.

Twitter has gradually ramped up its irritating nature by failing to respond to fascist propaganda and being used as a conduit to organise violence. It’s already on borrowed time. Better turn into that everything app real quick or people will find they don’t need it at all…

6 Likes

To think he could have bought Whatsapp or Line for an everything app for significantly less than Twitter instead :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

… headlines with “Harris” in them may confuse Americans now :grimacing:

6 Likes

… of course his goal in buying Twitter was never to make money or provide a service

6 Likes

Elon Sues The Ad Coalition He Just Rejoined

Membership of the initiative is voluntary, as is adherence to the established guidelines. GARM does not make any decisions on advertising bookings, does not make any recommendations on specific bookings and expressly does not sanction violations of the guidelines.

1 Like

Under-fire Elon Musk urged to get a grip on X and reality – or resign

[…]

Groups like the Institute for Strategic Dialogue and Amnesty International have blamed posts on social media services such as X, Telegram, and TikTok for amplifying racial hatred and inciting violent unrest, which was followed by counter-protests, some peaceful and some not.

And UK Justice Minister Heidi Alexander on Tuesday urged Musk to behave more responsibly following Musk’s quip that “civil war is inevitable” in response to a post about the violence.

On Wednesday, Ofcom, the UK telecom regulator, published an open letter advising online service providers of current and pending obligations to prevent their platforms from being used to promote violence and hatred.

[…]

Amid all this, the Chamber of Progress plans to join the chorus calling for Musk to moderate his speech and his platform. In a letter [PDF] provided to The Register in advance of publication, Kayvan Hazemi-Jebelli, senior director for the Chamber of Progress in Europe, calls on Musk to consider the impact of his words.

“The recent far-right race riots in the UK, spurred by false claims about the Southport stabbings, highlight the moral duty of each individual using these platforms, especially those with hundreds of millions of followers like yourself, to act responsibly,” Hazemi-Jebelli’s letter says.

"You have an influential position in tech and media, and control X, a mainstream social media platform where nearly 200 million users follow your commentary. You therefore carry a heightened responsibility not to personally amplify content that will provoke violence, the destruction of property, and the possible loss of human life. Sadly, you have failed to meet that bar.

“Since the anti-immigrant attack began, you have parroted far-right talking points, minimized the gravity of the harm, mocked the UK’s policing efforts in response to these riots, and driven further division. Your comments that ‘civil war is inevitable’ run dangerously close to attempted justification for further violence and destruction.”

[…]

The Chamber of Progress is supported by major Silicon Valley tech firms including Amazon, Apple, Google, and Meta, to name a few. These firms did not ask the group to make an appeal to Musk, according to director of communications Chris MacKenzie.

[…]

MacKenzie’s suggestion that Musk’s behavior tarnishes the entire industry offers another clue as to why the Chamber of Progress is trying to temper Musk’s driving trollies: Online rabble-rousing is bad for online business and may lead to unwanted regulation.

[…]

Oh, and:
The Irish Data Protection Commission has launched legal action against Twitter, alleging the social network’s use of EU user posts to train Grok – the AI search assistant built by Musk’s xAI lab that’s intertwined with X – breaks Europe’s tough GDPR.

7 Likes

There’s not currently a definitive answer as to what is driving Mr Musk.

He’s an asshole? :person_shrugging:

16 Likes

9 Likes

unlike his cars, he is self-driving

7 Likes

These fucking cowards

12 Likes

I hope every reputable advertiser left on X pulls out.

7 Likes