Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

“You should read it because it’s one of the foundational texts of white civilization. Also, since making Hector and Priam the more sympathetic characters means nothing to me, I take it as meaning killing people from the Middle East has always been super cool.”

12 Likes

… playing video games while he listens :video_game:

5 Likes

Oh, don’t worry. He’s a history scholar and a gentleman

4 Likes

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

11 Likes

But he listens to podcasts! About history! That means he has the same level of expertise as you! And he isn’t afraid to speak out about it!

12 Likes

And he listens sped up, which is surely a sign of genius comprehension and not just someone who isn’t really listening!

13 Likes

Give that man a PHD! STAT!!! Galaxy brain, indeed!!!

12 Likes

The last time I read the Iliad, I had to periodically go back and reread a few passages to understand it. Clearly I am not a genius, since I can’t imagine listening to it as an audiobook and being able to really follow. Much less at higher speeds.

7 Likes

Achilles is mad, dudes spear each other, more dudes spear each other, Achilles is more mad for some reason and spears even more dudes, Hector dies, something or other about his dad that is definitely not that important, I assume there was also something in there about a horse because we all know that’s how it ends. What more is there to understand? :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

When I read The Twelve Caesars, and the most interesting part was the discussion of the sources and their trustworthiness, I knew I’d fallen down some kind of wormhole.

7 Likes

I was wondering why he’s insisting on the EV Rhieu translations. I read them when I was a kid as they were the ones knocking around and we are around the same age so there’s that. But if I was looking now I’d possibly look around. They are 75-80 years old. Is Rhieu the KJV of Greek translations?

By KJV I don’t mean good by the way. I’m not a big reader of the bible but I would have no time for the KJV if I did.

… the main thing to remember about the Iliad is young Brad Pitt was super hot

9 Likes

QAA Podcast: The Protocols Are So Back (E291)
Adrenochrome, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, Antifa invasions — it all happens on X. We examine some of the most unhinged things making the rounds on the everything app, plus get a nautical update from our resident barger charger expert Jake.

2 Likes

Dumbass can’t grasp the concept of tests of character

dumbass elon

17 Likes

Dear Space Cadet Musk:

Thank you for your interest in Starfleet Academy.

After the utmost consideration, we regret to inform you that we will not be able to offer you a place in the Fall freshman class.

Every year, we receive tens of thousands of applications from all over the United Federation of Planets. Among them are thousands of qualified individuals. As you can imagine, our decision is not an easy one. Even for emotionally detached Vulcans.

The Starfleet Selection Committee is comprised of faculty, Academy staff and a recently assimilated admissions professional. Each application is thoroughly reviewed. The many criteria we evaluate include school grades and performance records, standardized testing scores, physical mass and especially the emotional intelligence profile.

On behalf of the Starfleet Selection Committee, I wish you the best in your academic pursuits.

Sincerely,

Dean, Starfleet Admissions

17 Likes
17 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/24/technology/elon-musk-twitter-blue.html?smtyp=cur&smid=bsky-nytimes

4 Likes

One interesting aspect of the charges against Pavel Durov is the role that’s likely to be played by Article 323-3-2 of France’s Criminal Code, which only went into force in February 2024. Elon Musk could well be vulnerable under the same article.

3 Likes

Long predicted he’ll end up exiled in a corrupt petrostate. Like an Irish gangster. Or Idi Amin.

2 Likes

Obligatory…

1 Like