Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

When the paper that’s barely good enough to line the bottom of a bird cage even thinks you have lost the plot, maybe it’s time to reconsider your life choices

(Yahoo reprint)

Elon Musk pledged to give victims of Hurricane Helene 30 days worth of free access to his satellite-based Starlink internet service — but the billionaire failed to mention that survivors of the disastrous storm that has claimed the lives of more than 200 people will need to fork over $400 for the system’s hardware.

4 Likes
4 Likes

6 Likes

He’s calling another $200 billion in net worth guy a far left activist?

How odd.

10 Likes

To a moronic fascist like Elon, a plutocrat like Sundar Pichai is to his left :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Meidas News:

Musk Claimed That Nobody Says Dems Control the Weather. His Followers Disagreed.

https://meidasnews.com/news/musk-claimed-that-nobody-says-dems-control-the-weather-his-followers-disagreed

6 Likes

4 Tesla executives quit the week before the huge robotaxi event. Safe to say what’s gonna happen next to that company is gonna be hilarious :rofl:

11 Likes
4 Likes

I’m hate-watching part of the presentation right now. He’s going on about how this new “cybercab” will be worth maybe 10X as much as a regular car because you can have it driving around all day rather than sitting parked. Because depreciation and wear-and-tear isn’t a thing, I guess.

He’s saying these will be available to purchase in a year. Then said that by “in a year” he meant 2026. Then said “well, probably before 2027, anyway.” Amazing to see those brand-new goalposts move at such impressive speed!

As part of the visuals when he was talking about how much travel sucks he was showing commuters cramming onto a crowded train. Because a bunch of 2-seat taxis will somehow solve that congestion problem.

The presentation concluded with a glassed-in gazebo full of dancing robots, except that it seemed like all their feet were bolted to the floor because they never moved them. Plus a robot “bartender” that appeared to be tele-operated but just kept waving and posing for photos instead of actually serving drinks.

Most surprisingly for me was that, despite the event happening at the Warner Brother studio lot, it had absolutely terrible camera angles and bad lighting that made a lot of the presentation hard to see.

Here’s a quote from an article in The Verge:

“$1 per mile”?? Pretty sure this man has never ridden a city bus in his life.

11 Likes

If they can make that much money; he wouldn’t be selling them.

He’d put the fleet on the street for himself.

9 Likes

Are they self-driving goalposts?

10 Likes

12 Likes

It looks worse than the cybertruck

10 Likes

That’s in a museum now.

8 Likes

Cramming oneself into a windowless van with 19 other people wouldn’t just be unsettling and claustrophobic, it would also lead to motion sickness since riders wouldn’t have any visual cues to anticipate starts, stops and turns. I know Elon has probably never been on any form of public transit but it really speaks to how badly he’s alienated or intimidated his top designers if there’s no one left to tell him stuff like this.

13 Likes

A real vomit comet… Because of the flames.

10 Likes

I assume he means operating costs? I have no idea whether that’s accurate, though.

5 Likes

this is much worse and ridiculous than I could have ever anticipated in my wildest personal predictions. gaslighting on this level is just…its amazing.

right. cause his “robovan” doesnt have any of those. obviously. /s

e/ ohmygawd; know where this "robovan"s coming from? I bet this is a modified, old prototype cabin for the hyperloop. just look at it;

Robovan_73

12 Likes

Screens won’t work as well as windows for that, but windows wouldn’t be able to show ads.

9 Likes

ah, so thats the “cybercab”;

Robotaxi_82

held at the Warner Bros. film lot in Burbank, California, with a lot of non-public roads for the demonstration. Tesla has reportedly been mapping the area in advance of the demonstration, even though the company says it doesn’t rely on high-definition maps to power its Full Self-Driving (FSD) driver-assist feature.

no, of course it doesn’t rely on maps, pinky promise. see ya then in 2019;

In 2016, he said Tesla self-driving cars were “two years away.” A year later, it was “six months, definitely,” and customers would be able to actually sleep in their Tesla in “two years.” In 2018, it was still a “year away” and would be “200 percent safer” than human driving. In 2019, he said there would be “feature complete full self-driving this year.” There hasn’t been a year go by without Musk promising the imminent arrival of a fully driverless Tesla

5 Likes