Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

what I didnt get the first time; he speaks specifically of the 2-seater “cybercab”, not the “robovan” with allegedly 20-passenger-capacity. how a 2-seater could be anywhere near these numbers than a citybus with 50-80 passengers…hes just pulling it out of his ass as usual. its offensive af.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I bet the insurance companies might have a thing or two to say about using a personal car as a high-use commercial vehicle. (No doubt some Uber drivers do it on the sly.)

6 Likes

Kimmy Schmidt Good Luck GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

5 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

‘Nearly unusable’: Calif. police majorly push back on Tesla cop cars

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/california-switch-electric-cars-cops-19816671.php

6 Likes

I’ve been in a few Teslas on ride share. Was surprised back then at how cheap they seemed and how poor the ride experience was.

7 Likes

Elon Musk’s Same Old Self-Driving Promises At Tesla’s Cybercab Launch Fail To Impress Investors

Tesla stock sinks over 8% after Elon Musk’s robotaxi reveal disappoints investors

8 Likes

Elon Musk Has Been Promising Self-Driving Cars For 10 Years [Update - We Are Now On Year 11]

8 Likes

I liked the somewhat disturbing Johnnycab mashup image accompanying the Ars Technica article:

Also this line:

The article ended noting that Teslas still can’t drive themselves unsupervised through the fixed route, one-way tunnels in Vegas, which would seem to be an absolutely trivial challenge compared to all the grand promises being made by this guy.

Update:
Wall Street wasn’t very impressed by this. Tesla stock price dropped significantly. But Uber and Lyft prices shot way up. Apparently because they don’t have to worry about competition from Tesla in the foreseeable future?

9 Likes

Just like when he said his hyperloop concept would be cheaper to build on a mile-by-mile basis than a traditional high-speed rail, even though it would have involved all the costs of traditional high-speed rail plus mag-lev plus an insanely expensive, dangerous and still-theoretical vacuum tunnel running the entire length of the thing. Oh—and you’d also have to run all the tracks in nearly perfectly straight lines, regardless of what communities or natural obstacles were in your way.

The credulity of Elon stans is truly something to behold.

11 Likes

“and yes you’ll be able to buy one,” he told the crowd

You can buy it, but you won’t own it. It’ll always be under the control Tesla’s CabNet, Elon’s going to take the lion’s share of the fares, when you need to pop out to pick up some groceries better hope that “your” car isn’t across town, and the moment Elon get bored, it’s a two-seater brick.

(Assuming it worked.)

3 Likes
8 Likes

might be some

Yeah, if saying might be some AI, it’s 100% remote. Wouldn’t need the weasel words otherwise

I’m surprised that anyone who claimed to know anything about tech would have been fooled by those. As I noted in my post above, the tele-operation of the bartender seemed obvious to me just watching a few short shots of it at the live event.

And the “dancing” ones in the gazebo which probably weren’t tele-operated weren’t very impressive either. Didn’t even move their feet when dancing so they very well may have been bolted to the floor.

2 Likes
3 Likes

That’s my dance style according to Mrs FSogol.

3 Likes

One of the replies that rings really true:

12 Likes