Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

1 Like

2 Likes

Is the flatbed large enough to mount, say a twin M2HB?
Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

Do you need that? I just see a bunch of Toyota Hiluxes crashing cause by laughter.

2 Likes

Surely a cybertruck technical should have a directed energy weapon?

Something like this

2 Likes

The generator would have to be mounted on a Tesla semi (or two)… Have they released the payload/range on the road figures yet?

edit for clarity

One shot and your range goes from 300 miles to 2.

3 Likes

A Tommy Gun? That’ll come in handy the next time I run into Al Capone.

They’re also very low velocity rounds with very low armor penetration. Though they’ll mess up flesh badly.

Another Elon stunt.

8 Likes

How does a Tommy gun compare to anything modern?

This feels like one of two things to me (possibly both):

• Musk wanted to fire a Tommy gun
  • They wanted the weakest gun that people recognized
9 Likes

deficiency shared with .45 ACP, whose large, slow bullet does not penetrate armor to any great extent.

4 Likes

Doesn’t the Tommy Gun fire .45 rounds?

1 Like

Yes - but they’re subsonic and very slow for subsonic.

4 Likes

You’ll have to excuse me for my skepticism, but I wouldn’t believe this until I see actual footage of the “testing”. Tesla tests a submachine gun on the Cybertruck and then casually drives it down the interstate? And an anonymous member of the “Telsa Owners Silicon Valley” club just happens to be driving by to film the Cybertruck to share the image with the world in grainiy video footage?

And – I’m no expert in automatic weapons – but those bullet marks seem awuflly tidy. If they tested them on the Cybertruck, there sure are a lot of near misses where they managed to stop the next bullet from hittinig the window or the undercarriage. Did they test the body panels separately from the truck and hten mount them? Because that would be an entirely differnet kind of artifice that’s equally smelly.

And the patterning isn’t what I’d expect to see (as a non-expert) if a gun were on full auto (firearms expertise input welcome). And shouldn’t there be some spall scarring around each of those dents? You gonna shoot a tommy gun at a car and then buff out all the bullet splashes?

Not only does the whole thing stink like a ridiculous PR stunt, it stinks like a completely fabricated PR stunt. (Anyone else remember how much credibility Volvo lost when they did that monster truck commercial?)

2 Likes

The dents themselves seem feasible. Picture quality is too poor to see any evidence of spalling but you wouldn’t necessarily have any anyway.

I think the panels were shot at first then mounted afterwards, pending video.

A newer-model Tommy Gun is fairly easily controlled by an experienced shooter using 3-5 round bursts. Only an utter fool would empty a 50-round drum in one go.

4 Likes

And none of those work for Tesla and are interested in guns and use them wrong. nope, no sirree. /s

6 Likes

I figured someone would swing at that slow pitch!

5 Likes

Oh, well, good thing there are none of those involved in the design and construction of the Cybertruck.

[EDIT: I see I owe @sqlrob a coke.]

Also, there are around 60 dents (definitely more than 50); if it is legit, then they either reloaded or used a 100-round drum. Which… :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Aha! If only an utter fool would use a 50 round drum at once, it wasn’t an utter fool that used the 100 round drum at once. 5-dimensional checkmate!

do I really need the /s?

2 Likes

Good practise in improv to end on an opening! It’s polite.

4 Likes