Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

Yeah, she totally misunderstood the message. The context I got was “so what if fnord is back, why even care?” She seems to context it to. “The platform isn’t dying, otherwise you wouldn’t care so much!”

It can be dying, and we can also care about the suffering increasing as the platform thrashes about in its death throes. The two are not mutual.

3 Likes

Elon Musk says oil and gas should not be demonized

Musk, speaking at a right-wing political gathering organised by Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni’s Brothers of Italy party said: “Climate change alarm is exaggerated in the short term,” adding that the environmental movement may have gone too far

1 Like
1 Like

… what prize does the most populated country win

3 Likes

The first recruitment centre for Mars colony “volunteers”.

5 Likes

musk: “Climate change alarm is exaggerated in the short term,”

oh, that was 50 years ago, motherfucker!

adding that the environmental movement may have gone too far

says the man who doesnt give a fuck about regulations at his megafabs and once said his ev car company is here to save earth, because electric and climate change and stuff…

grrrnnnnngg

7 Likes

Yeah, that range extension pack in the bed of the cybertruck is going to be a diesel generator, isn’t it?

6 Likes

I guess I don’t need an EV after all.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Probably just disgustingly self involved jerks who barely recognize humanity in others and the apple didn’t roll very far.

3 Likes

Poverty

8 Likes

What does he mean by short term, the next 40k years?

4 Likes

Racism, homophobia, and sexual harassment are in, criticising the man baby in charge is out.

4 Likes

I knew this was coming. This is the real reason Saudi Arabia was willing to help him buy Twitter. Even an electric car salesman is going to temper his speech against fossil fuels when he owes billions he can’t repay to a bunch of oil barons.

9 Likes
7 Likes

… not the first time he said it either

1 Like

If you ignore abuse reports, then abuse is down, right?

2 Likes

found on fark:

10 Likes

6 Likes

Aftonbladet’s investigation into child labor and the electric car industry in 7 points

The electric car giant Tesla claims to have a zero-tolerance policy against child labor.

Despite this, Aftonbladet has been able to trace mica mineral from mines with child labor in Madagascar to two of Tesla’s Chinese suppliers.

BMW and Volvo Cars are also conducting business with one of the companies.

1. Climate change has triggered a famine in southern Madagascar, forcing thousands of children to mine the mineral mica for survival.

2. Mica, used in electric cars to prevent battery fires, has Madagascar as one of its largest exporting countries.

3. Aftonbladet has traced the trade of mica from a child mine in southern Madagascar through a local exporter and Chinese intermediaries, directly to two of China’s largest manufacturers of mica insulation: Pamica and Glory Mica.

4. Through export data, Aftonbladet has documented 51 shipments of mica products from Pamica and Glory Mica to Tesla since October 1, 2022.

5. During the same period, Volvo Cars has received 11 deliveries from Glory Mica. Further, BMW can be linked to the same supplier.

6. Tesla and BMW claim to have a zero tolerance for child labor. Volvo Cars do not allow any collaboration with companies linked to child labor.

7. In their responses, Volvo Cars denies that the mica they purchase from Glory Mica comes from Madagascar, while Tesla and BMW refer to their internal policies against child labor.

5 Likes