Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

Good old emergent behavior.

ezgif-1-8e9ae4b6c0

Although, I cant see how Bloomberg measured the bleed to Threads vs to Mastodon. (Surely a billionaire-owned publication wouldn’t be biased towards billionaire solutions?)

3 Likes
6 Likes

Another article on it:

A couple of years ago a physicist that I know was super excited about Hyperloop after seeing some kind of demonstration of this test track. He told me that he couldn’t talk about it due to signing a NDA, but when I was pressing him on important, fundamental questions about logistical concerns it became clear that there were major challenges that this company had not even begun to figure out solutions for, even if their small test track had worked flawlessly.

4 Likes

A small test track for a revolutionary transport system that didn’t scale up so well?
Let me guess, seal integrity?

5 Likes

The company may be dead, but the fucking idea is proving to be hard to kill. On the last ERJU programme (which determines which companies are going to receive RD funding from the EU) they have a whole point (flagship point 7) dedicated to hyperloop and hyperloop-adjacent ([moking voice]PODIFIED[/mocking voice] * spits to the floor *) projects. Turns out reinventing the ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶ train is a profitable venture.

(ETA: forgot to put the link to the programme https://rail-research.europa.eu/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/EURAIL_MAWP_final.pdf )

Now that he managed to derail the HST network long enough for his electric cars to catch on (fire), he doesn’t need the hyperloop anymore.

4 Likes

I expected this to be a physical issue, but it was an OTA fix. I’m really surprised this was software. It goes to show that the software in cars needs to be under a lot tighter regulation.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Who failed it shorter, Hyperloop or Boring?

2 Likes

… maybe he could just invest in teleportation

i think that’s the same story both kathypartdeux and mspie500 posted above… which had this bit:

Lundeen said in an interview that a Tesla service manager told him that a power-steering connector had corroded. The manager said the likely cause was a car wash, which he described as a known problem.

“This is the only car that I’ve ever heard of where a car wash can damage the wiring,” Lundeen recalled telling the manager.

considering the owner paid 4,400 dollars to get it fix… that’s one expensive car wash

4 Likes

The successful candidate will help ensure that “political, regulatory, and fiscal frameworks” in the region support Tesla’s mission, per the job description. The role also requires a “hands-on attitude” and “strong problem-solving.”

1 Like
6 Likes

AFAIK both were meant to do nothing real; just to look like they were building public transport. You don’t name your machine Godot if you’re actually going to deliver.

5 Likes

WHILE ELON MUSK SAYS THE CYBERTRUCK CAN FLOAT, TESLA TOLD A GUY HIS MODEL 3 BROKE BECAUSE HE WASHED IT

https://archive.is/vmseK

5 Likes

10 Likes

10 Likes

“the Internet is overrun with woke nonsense”

What, did you forget to scrape the chans?

7 Likes

doesn’t really sound like a denial there :confused:

5 Likes

Because it’s not.

I wager that within this next decade, there will credible accusations against Musk as a sexual predator.

7 Likes